www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hello I have a BLU Life View. It has 16 internal and only 1GB of space for apps. The only problem I see is that there is no external SD card slot. Is there something that can be done without having to reinstall a ROM to the phone? I do have a USB drive with a micro USB end on the other side, but I would rather not do it that way.
(2013-11-28, 02:08)vonSchnoid Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy!

I tried this today and what a load of problems i got myself into!

Followed the guide to the letter and when i restarted my phone nothing happened! It was stuck on the iNew boot screen. Of course i got the same error when trying to restore my backup, Error restoring /system.

Tried a couple of different roms but all of them gave me just 1G B of internal memory. I had 5Gb before and now i seem not being able to increase it back to original.

Flashed the stock ROM for the i6000 from another post but it still gives me just 1GB and is of an earlier build than mine. Atm i'm downloading a presumably stock iNew i6000 2/32GB ROM (which i need!) I hope this will fix it. EDIT: This is an even earlier build so no joy!

Now to my question: If this doesn't solve the issue, how can i edit or create the necessary EBR files so i can specify my internal storage? I have searched a bit but can't seem to find anything related. The latter poster said he fixed his own EBR but didn't give any specifics....

EDIT:
To make it even more confusing: After flashing the stock image from iNew for the i6000 i get 1GB of app storage (whereas i had 5GB originaly) also this is a much older build than the one i have originaly. In this situation it's completely OK to restore my previous CWM backup. I still have 1GB of app storage but everything else is dandy...

I have tried to flash other builds also. When leaving out the EBR & EBR2 files i'm stuck at the boot screen but when using the included EBR-files everything is dandy but i'm back at 1GB of app storage.

Imho the partitioning app screws something up pretty badly for my model.

Replace the latest EBR and EBR2 to present you want to install rom

Followed the guide to the letter and when i restarted my phone nothing happened! It was stuck on the iNew boot screen. Of course i got the same error when trying to restore my backup, Error restoring /system.

Tried a couple of different roms but all of them gave me just 1G B of internal memory. I had 5Gb before and now i seem not being able to increase it back to original.

Flashed the stock ROM for the i6000 from another post but it still gives me just 1GB and is of an earlier build than mine. Atm i'm downloading a presumably stock iNew i6000 2/32GB ROM (which i need!) I hope this will fix it. EDIT: This is an even earlier build so no joy!

Now to my question: If this doesn't solve the issue, how can i edit or create the necessary EBR files so i can specify my internal storage? I have searched a bit but can't seem to find anything related. The latter poster said he fixed his own EBR but didn't give any specifics....

EDIT:
To make it even more confusing: After flashing the stock image from iNew for the i6000 i get 1GB of app storage (whereas i had 5GB originaly) also this is a much older build than the one i have originaly. In this situation it's completely OK to restore my previous CWM backup. I still have 1GB of app storage but everything else is dandy...

I have tried to flash other builds also. When leaving out the EBR & EBR2 files i'm stuck at the boot screen but when using the included EBR-files everything is dandy but i'm back at 1GB of app storage.

The reason you had 1GB of app storage is because the EBR and EBR1 partitioned the phone that way.

Regarding the initial problem, after running the app, did you boot into recovery and do a factory reset? This app was successfully run on iNew i6000. No problems (see Bertmansk posts)

First find the latest stock version of firmware for your phone, then flash it, run the app, then boot into recovery and factory reset.
(2013-11-30, 11:44)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

EDIT:

The reason you had 1GB of app storage is because the EBR and EBR1 partitioned the phone that way.

Regarding the initial problem, after running the app, did you boot into recovery and do a factory reset? This app was successfully run on iNew i6000. No problems (see Bertmansk posts)

First find the latest stock version of firmware for your phone, then flash it, run the app, then boot into recovery and factory reset.

Done all of this and since Bertmansk got it to work it's even more frustrating...

I'll give it another try...
(2013-12-02, 18:48)vonSchnoid Wrote: [ -> ]Done all of this and since Bertmansk got it to work it's even more frustrating...

I'll give it another try...

watch out for some of the card flash rom. open the zip, if u see lk.bin, then u have to remove it.

because the lk.bin will reformat yr partition as it was programmed, so before u flash a card flash rom, check if there is any lk.bin in the rom
Hello, I'm new to the forum, but familiar with android and chinese phones. One problem I have is I have the BLU Life View, and there is no external sdcard slot. What would you suggest I do to be able to go back and install a fresh rom once I've repart my internal? Thanks.

PS: I do have a thumb stick with a micro usb connector on one end. The only problem is that the phone
picks it up as usbotg folder. Of course you know this doesn't show up in CWM.
(2013-12-06, 04:10)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm new to the forum, but familiar with android and chinese phones. One problem I have is I have the BLU Life View, and there is no external sdcard slot. What would you suggest I do to be able to go back and install a fresh rom once I've repart my internal? Thanks.

PS: I do have a thumb stick with a micro usb connector on one end. The only problem is that the phone
You could use SP Flash Tools. If you don't have an SP Flashable firmware, you can create it. See the tutorial NexusTrix wrote to readback your firmware and process it for SP Flash.
(2013-12-06, 04:10)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm new to the forum, but familiar with android and chinese phones. One problem I have is I have the BLU Life View, and there is no external sdcard slot. What would you suggest I do to be able to go back and install a fresh rom once I've repart my internal? Thanks.

I connected mine to my PC, backed up the "SD card" rebooted into recovery, made a backup, copied that to me PC, and then ran this, booted back up, everything is gone, stock, just like out of the box. Connected to my PC, copied everything back to the "SD card" and did a restore.
after trying to partition my nexus rom for few times(the rom will be no effect after the meteos partition tool)

now, i figure out some rom when u exe. the meteos partition rom, all u need to do is boot into the recovery, wipe data/factory reset, then reboot, then the rom will be booted n split the partition as what u have chosen.( i tried this with sony xperia rom with lk.bin removed)
Yes, this is standard procedure for the app. After running, just factory reset. Apparently some phones having problems with it though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8