www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Hard reset lenovo,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I rooted my lenovo s8 4.4.2 with kingo root. However in the process of uninstalling a lot of bloatware i did uninstall an important app, i guess because now i have this message security problem all the time in home e screen.. I am trying to do a hard reset with recovery but the menu is in Chinese. Please somebody could tell me stepbystep how to do the hard reset.
If you're entering the recovery mode using "Vol Down" use "Vol Up" instead, and vice versa. The Chinese menu is not your recovery menu.
I selected the wipe emmc option , it rebooted but still have the security message (and android icon in left upper corner). In my home screen. What can i do

I am entering the Chinese menu by holding power + volume. . Is that right?. By the way, my menu is much shorter
I suggest you a factory reset. The next time be careful what you uninstall.

for WuddaWaste: Am I right ?
You can do a factory reset from within android as well.
See this tutorial

If you are getting into factory mode (Chinese menu) with power and vol up button, then try going the other way. Power and vol down should take you to recovery.

But if factory mode is power and vol down, try power and vol up for recovery.
I suggest you to install the app called "Mobileuncle Tools" (it will helpful for a lot of jobs) and then, install Philz Touch 6 because it's better than others. You'll can do factory reset from "Mobileuncle Tools" (tap "into Recovery Mode" and Philz Touch 6 will start, tap "Wipe and Format Options" and tap "Factory Reset"). You'll can install Philz Touch 6 from here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I got the same result (chinese menu) with power button down or up. Also the same with the factory reset option in android itself. Do i have to flash a rom, and how? ..
Coroco ... I've given you a possible solution :-)
Ok cleopatra, but after installing philz t 6 , do i need a new custom or stock rom placed in my externalsdcard or i can reinstall the one in my phone.. Thanks
At first, I suggest you to do a Factory Reset. And then, I'll look for a stock rom for your device ... and when I'll find it ... I'll give it to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10