www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Can we use a different battery in the iNew v3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Yes! I disconnect from charger about at 9:30 at the morning. I was not going to do a screen test but the user "danyno1" was in a rush for a test at the battery so at the afternoon I decide to do a screen test. At that time my battery level was at ~70% and the screen was on for 1 and a half hour.

First I set the screen to stay on for 30min (maximum settings) if not use and I start playing around. Searching at Google play, a lot of web surfing and I was playing 2d games like solitaire.
I finished at 1:00 am!
From the 7:30 on screen time, about 1:30 - 2:00 hours the screen was on but the phone was idle.
I mean at those couple of hours I did not do anything on the phone . The screen was on because of the settings but the phone was on the table.
I don't think that this is a good screen test because its not a real life test.
I mean with a real life test is in what screentime do you get when you plug off the phone at morning and go bed at night with a daily and a normally use like everyday. And how much % is left when you go to bed.
I do not know exactly what you mean but you cannot tell what is "a normal day of use" because every user uses his phone differently.
Thats why people found a standard (the screen consumption) and they using it for measurement. At the smartphones the screen is the most "hungry" device (unless if you are using you phone to edit video files) so the screen time tells something.

I can get now an average of two days but someone else may have only one day before its battery drain out.
So you cannot tell that my battery is good because is lasting for 2 days!
You got a point ofcourse, can you show a picture of the battery where you grid the battery? I expect mine soon later this or next week.
You cannot see it in the picture because it does't seem. The top plastic was reduced for about 0,5mm. The battery without grinding could fit in the phone but very very tight and difficult!!
The video with the soldering iron seems like the easiest way to do it. I am speaking trying to get a supplier that will modify the THL W8 battery according to that video so that we can buy it directly and it will fit the phone. What do you think?
(2014-03-11, 13:55)kavirz Wrote: [ -> ]The video with the soldering iron seems like the easiest way to do it. I am speaking trying to get a supplier that will modify the THL W8 battery according to that video so that we can buy it directly and it will fit the phone. What do you think?

But the original battery on almost any supplier I checked is different than this BLACK one on the video. The one I bought with blue and grey color you don't have to use a soldering icon, just a sandpaperSmiling
Maybe the black is not original, I do not know.
(2014-03-11, 18:57)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-11, 13:55)kavirz Wrote: [ -> ]The video with the soldering iron seems like the easiest way to do it. I am speaking trying to get a supplier that will modify the THL W8 battery according to that video so that we can buy it directly and it will fit the phone. What do you think?

But the original battery on almost any supplier I checked is different than this BLACK one on the video. The one I bought with blue and grey color you don't have to use a soldering icon, just a sandpaperSmiling
Maybe the black is not original, I do not know.

As I say in the video (ok, in Italian, my bad Smiling ), There are two versions of thl w8 battery. One is the normal one, with THL W8 logo and blue and grey colors, the other is the black one shown in the video. The procedure for both batteries is exactly the same. I've modified 8 batteries so far 3 of which had the THL logo.

Cheers
kok
(2014-03-11, 04:12)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot see it in the picture because it does't seem. The top plastic was reduced for about 0,5mm. The battery without grinding could fit in the phone but very very tight and difficult!!

Ah oké thank you! I will find it out soon i think. Sleepy
(2014-03-11, 22:53)kokuo Wrote: [ -> ]As I say in the video (ok, in Italian, my bad Smiling ), There are two versions of thl w8 battery. One is the normal one, with THL W8 logo and blue and grey colors, the other is the black one shown in the video. The procedure for both batteries is exactly the same. I've modified 8 batteries so far 3 of which had the THL logo.

Cheers
kok

Come on! We are not Italians, so how we would understand what are you saying at the video???

Anyway you said that the procedure is the same for both of the batteries.
Well the one I bought (and some others that they mod it to fit at iNew) it is impossible and if you remove the top plastic, it will DESTROY the battery cause this thing is not removable.
I will post a couple of pics later on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25