www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MIUI 0.781 BETA uploading now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I present to you - MIUI rom 3.2.24 ver. 0.781 Beta codename Luc(k)y*.

First of all I'd like to thank you guys for your support, it means a lot to me.
This ROM is still in a BETA stage, that means it works but has a few bugs which I didn't have time to squash or I didn't even notice them. Smiling So I DON'T recommend it to people who need their phone 24/7 or who use it as their main or only phone. I really, REALLY don't want someone to get into trouble (e.g. missing important call because the speaker stopped working) just because of this ROM. It will get better in the near future, so there's no need to rush flashing it. Maybe you'll flash it and then you'll think "Oh my God, this is SO bugged that it isn't even usable. Eliwood screwed this up.". Big Grin Believe me - I've spent hours and hours with debugging and it felt like solving one bug created another five. I've done my best in my free time and I'll definitely make this better. This is just the beginning for me.

How to flash:
1. Download and flash CWM recovery if you don't have it already. You CANNOT flash this using a SP Flash tool or stock recovery.
2. Copy Inew V3 Miui 0.781 Beta.zip and gapps-4.2.2.zip to your external sdcard.
3. Boot into CWM (press Power button + Volume up during boot)
4. Next step WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY INCLUDING MESSAGES, CALL LOG ETC., BACK EVERYTHING UP!!!!!!!
5. Next step WILL REALLY ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY, BACK EVERYTHING UP!!!!!!!
6. Wipe menu -> Wipe All Data -> Preflash -> Yes - Wipe All!
7. Install zip -> Choose zip Sdcard -> find and select the Inew V3 Miui 0.781 Beta.zip file.
8. Install zip -> Choose zip Sdcard -> find and select the gapps-4.2.2.zip file.
9. Reboot and enjoy. ;)

A few notes:

1. You cannot view your internal memory using the MIUI's file manager, it shows just your SD card. If you want to use the internal memory, install different file manager e.g. ES file explorer and navigate to /storage/sdcard1

And the most important thing - please report about your battery life - is it better or worse compared to stock ROMs? I didn't have time to test it properly so I have absolutely no idea how it will be.

Known bugs:

1. Internal memory is not recognized by the MIUI's file manager - I've already tried to fix this, but the only solution I could come up so far was swapping internal memory with external SD card - then the MIUI's file manager doesn't recognize the external SD Card. Big Grin
2. Strange symbols on the lock screen - will be solved in the next MIUI update.
3. Many languages don't work and show english strings instead - I'll look into that when this ROM will be more stable, because adding languages was very time consuming so far.
4. No NFC - I'll look into this later, because it wasn't too important to me so far.
5. Chinese symbols in Settings -> Battery - I'll look into this later, because it wasn't too important to me so far.
??6. Battery life - I have absolutely no idea how it will be.
??7. 3G internet - I have absolutely no idea if it will work, because I use only 2G because of better battery life. But I remember seeing a 3G icon on statusbar in one of my previous builds, so it should work just fine.
8. LED works just...sort of - I guess that Gravitybox would solve this. I'll definitely look into this later.
9. No root - you can install it after flashing with Frameroot for example.

And the last thing - I've done this for the community aroud Inew V3 and I don't want anything for it (yes, I'm looking at you Smartdigi devs Smiling ), so feel free to use this work as you want. Flash it, use this as a base for your own ROM, solve some bugs and release your own edition, use it for porting MIUI to other phones...just give me a credit for my part in it (but of course I won't chop your head off if you won't Big Grin (just kidding, I'll definitely will...in the night when you'll least expect it)).

* I've always wanted to start a project and give it a super-cool codename. :-D And if you wonder why Luc(k)y - my daughter was born when I started working on this ROM and we named her Lucie (Lucy in english). And I feel that making this ROM work wasn't much about my skill with Android ROMs, but more about me just being lucky. Smiling

Download: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

--------------------[/b]
EDIT:
We are moving on, main bugs 5, 7, 8 are now solved, stay tuned for new version. =)
Excellent work. MIUI can be trouble to port. Look forward to see if you can get it 100% stable.
good work! its always nice to have a choice.
did you do it by using an existing MIUI ROM for 6582 and replacing the hw related files?
this is a good news for me I like MIUI rom!!! Good job.

I hope you release a stable version very very soon. ;)
Good news, will you share what you've done to make this happen? I spent last week several evenings to port some roms and create some several cwm flashable zips from the stock flash tool rom, but every time it fails. :/
wow! very good new!!

thanks for your work!
Thank you! I really love miui and I have installed it on every phone I had! Which version did you use for the port? What about a real ota update service like the original miui? There are a lot of apps that allow this...
great job!
It's a good news!!
i guys i found this :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Maybe a peticion help all of us to experts make a MIUI rom or help Eliwood to make faster and stable Miui rom.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10