www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 5.7Inch Note 3 H9008 MTK6592 1.7GHz 8 Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I just received my H9008. Quick first impressions....
-GPS is very strong,suprisingly fast first fix and great accuracy
-feels solid
-screen is very nice
-is only 4mm longer than the actual Note 3 with the width and thickness being almost identical, cases for the Note 3 will probably fit it
-mt6592 works well for games, video and multi tasking

-ROM isn't the greatest, put go launcher on to replace stock launcher
-Battery indicator is very inconsistant
-Battery life is terrible when compared to my ZOPO ZP990(Hard pressed to make it through a full day with moderate use)...keep in mind it has a 3000mAh battery.

It seems everyone is getting bad battery life even with the Tianhe, Star or Mlais MX69 Pro ROM on it.
Hopefully a little effort on optimizing the software will make a difference.

Battery life is a big deal for me so I'm a bit disappointed with the phone.

I'm going to use the phone for a week or so and I'll write up a full, detailed review. So far it doesn't appear it will be replacing my Zopo ZP990.
(2014-02-05, 08:22)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]I just received my H9008. Quick first impressions....
-GPS is very strong,suprisingly fast first fix and great accuracy
-feels solid
-screen is very nice
-is only 4mm longer than the actual Note 3 with the width and thickness being almost identical, cases for the Note 3 will probably fit it
-mt6592 works well for games, video and multi tasking

-ROM isn't the greatest, put go launcher on to replace stock launcher
-Battery indicator is very inconsistant
-Battery life is terrible when compared to my ZOPO ZP990(Hard pressed to make it through a full day with moderate use)...keep in mind it has a 3000mAh battery.

It seems everyone is getting bad battery life even with the Tianhe, Star or Mlais MX69 Pro ROM on it.
Hopefully a little effort on optimizing the software will make a difference.

Battery life is a big deal for me so I'm a bit disappointed with the phone.

I'm going to use the phone for a week or so and I'll write up a full, detailed review. So far it doesn't appear it will be replacing my Zopo ZP990.

-Glad that GPS works so good!
-As for battery... fresh one needs training - 4-6 cycles charge-discharge. Does Galaxy Note 3 battery fit there? If yes - Purrrfect!

Where do You use it? Can You test or get any proofs for 3g 1700 or 1900 bands? Thank You!
I'll give it a week of charge discharge and see if that helps.
I'm using it in Canada on 850mhz, but we have1900 as well so i'd love to find out if it had 1900. Can anyone tell me a method or app to verify?
(2014-02-05, 11:02)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give it a week of charge discharge and see if that helps.
I'm using it in Canada on 850mhz, but we have1900 as well so i'd love to find out if it had 1900. Can anyone tell me a method or app to verify?

Theoretically - in Engineering mode disabling 850 for 3g and checking how and if it works in 1900, how fast is connection up and down. But have no idea how to get to engineering mode or menu. Hope it is somewhere in this forum, but not sure.
Thank You!

(2014-02-05, 11:02)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give it a week of charge discharge and see if that helps.

Oh, is it battery compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 3? There are high capacity standard size batteries for it.

1) Make sure your carrier is operating on 1900MHz WCDMA in your area. If you can't find this out from your carrier for sure (Normally level 1 tech support won't have any clue what you're talking about, or will just give you some generic answer), just continue on regardless.
2) Go into engineering mode through Mobile Uncle app.
3) Deselect all bands except for 1900WCDMA.
4) Shutdown the phone and then turn it back on.
5) See if you can still use your phone

This process works for MT6589. Should work for MT6592 as well.

This is very interesting as the H9008 is SUPPOSED to be an OEM Mlais MX69 which advertises on the official site as having quad-band WCDMA (850/900/1900/2100) .

Please let us know your results.
(2014-02-05, 14:32)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ][

This process works for MT6589. Should work for MT6592 as well.

This is very interesting as the H9008 is SUPPOSED to be an OEM Mlais MX69 which advertises on the official site as having quad-band WCDMA (850/900/1900/2100) .

Please let us know your results.

Some sites put only 850/2100 for Mlais MX69Pro, so it is confusing. Do not want to get the phone and use it in 2g only...
(2014-02-05, 15:08)Bober73 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

but as is the same with iNew and their x000 lines of phones, there is yet to be any proof of 1900MHz working.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&highlight=inew+i6000
I have a site that shows me all the towers by carrier and what frequency it is putting off. It's been very accurate for me so far. I'll confirm an area then try disabling 850.I'll let you know later when I get a chance to test it.
So as a test regarding the battery drain I pretty much left the phone alone in standy with wifi on but not connected. Over 4.5 hrs the level went from 100% to 68% with the following breakdown on the usage. Cell Standby =32%, phone idle=32%, wifi=30%, Android OS=4%, screen=2%.
Thats a heavy drain for the phone just sitting there doing nothing. Definately the software causing the problems.
It's too bad because nobody seems to have a fix and I'm really beginning to like the phone. It has a really nice feel to it.
I emailed the store i bought it from. I should hear back in the next 24hrs if they have any advice, workarounds, or alternate ROMS that are working properly.
I'll post later about the frequency questions.
Without proper testing, the percentages mean virtually nothing. Especially over only a portion of battery use. Likely what's happening is similar to iNew V3 and many smart phones in general, when the charging gets to a certain threshold, it jumps to 100%. I'm not saying absolutely this is the problem. You need to check the charging arc.

How long did the phone sit on the charger after it was fully charged is another factor.

Install Battery Spy and charge the phone and then take a screenshot of your charging arc any time after it hits 100% and upload the screenshot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14