www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 5.7Inch Note 3 H9008 MTK6592 1.7GHz 8 Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2014-02-12, 10:43)scipio Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,

The language used in the assessment of the H9008 leads me to wonder whether there is a (remarkable) difference in the rate at which the battery runs down on the H9008 and on the Mlais MX 69T Pro. Does anyone know whether this is the case? If it is indeed the case, and it's merely a software issue, as some say, I wonder what incentive Mlais will have to hammer it out.

Blast this trigger finger of mine...

From what I remember seeing in various post around the web the Mlais MX69Pro is also a battery hog. I imagine all of the ROMs for the various H9008's available are based off of the official Mlais. Keep in mind the Mlais MX69 Pro and the Mlais MX 69T pro are slightly different phones in regards to features so I'm not sure if the MX69T Pro ROM will work with the H9008.
I do believe they can fix the issues with an update. From what I'm seeing the main culprits eating up the battery is cell standby, system idle, and Wifi.
Does any one else having problem with that the phone turns itself of every now and then?
I have not found any pattern in the behavior, but it does not seems like it is by physical impact since it turns itself of when it is laying at the table and no one has touch it!
(2014-02-13, 22:22)Mastiff Wrote: [ -> ]Does any one else having problem with that the phone turns itself of every now and then?
I have not found any pattern in the behavior, but it does not seems like it is by physical impact since it turns itself of when it is laying at the table and no one has touch it!

My question would be do you have an actual Mlais or H9008?
I have the H9008 running the stock ROM and have not had one issue with the phone turning off. If its a Mlais issue it's probably in the ROM. I think the one I'm running on my phone is the Star H9008 ROM. They have it on Needrom.com. If you are comfortable and familiar with flashing new ROM's that might be an option.
Good luck.
(2014-02-13, 23:09)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-13, 22:22)Mastiff Wrote: [ -> ]Does any one else having problem with that the phone turns itself of every now and then?
My question would be do you have an actual Mlais or H9008?
I have the H9008 running the stock ROM and have not had one issue with the phone turning off. If its a Mlais issue it's probably in the ROM. I think the one I'm running on my phone is the Star H9008 ROM. They have it on Needrom.com. If you are comfortable and familiar with flashing new ROM's that might be an option.
Good luck.

Update:
Mlais have put out an update for the MX69T Pro which solves the shutting down issues as well as the power management problems. Not sure if this ROM will work for the MX69 Pro and H9008 though. If anyone tries it please let me know.
I have a N8 which is OrientPhones version of H9008. I think it is the same ROM in N8 and Star H9008 since it looks all the same. But I flashed it with the ROM from needrom.com anyway, but the problem still remains.
(2014-02-12, 06:38)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-12, 04:05)vuter Wrote: [ -> ]lookylooky,

I hope you don't mind two more questions.

1. How did you decide to buy the H9008 instead of the Mlais mx69 Pro? Was the slight price difference the only
factor for you?

2. Moving forward, what's your strategy for the battery issue? You mentioned the manufacturer is aware of the problem and is looking into it. I think the manufacturer is Mlais. However, their website is in chinese. How will you monitor this. Do you think merimobiles can help by notifying you when a new ROM is available?

Thanks.

At the time I bought the H9008 Merimobiles has a great deal on it making it about $100 cheaper than the Mlais. That was the only factor...lol.
My strategy for the battery is to wait it out. Needrom.com is a great site for roms and they have an interesting new custom ROM for the Mlais giving it the appearance of Samsungs touchwiz. Still waiting to find out if the battery issue was fixed with it though.
As for Merimobiles they have an excellent tech support guy and he told me a update would be available this month. I sent him the link to a couple on Needrom and I think he's going to check them out. I think the rom on mine is the same version as the Star H9008 dated Jan 14th 2014. Any version will do as long as its stable and addresses the battery issue.

If I had it to do over again I would have waited until the battery life was fixed. Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice phone for less than $300 but poor battery is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks, lookylooky,

With your help, I took the plunge and ordered an mlais mx69 pro from merimobiles. I chose dhl shipping so hopefully I'll have it soon. Once I have it, I'll post my obervations.
(2014-02-15, 03:59)vuter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, lookylooky,

With your help, I took the plunge and ordered an mlais mx69 pro from merimobiles. I chose dhl shipping so hopefully I'll have it soon. Once I have it, I'll post my obervations.

Yeah, thanks for the info on the niggles that are apparent after using it. I bought one too from merimobiles when it was discounted. Should arrive next week so I'll see if it's worth the move from my Note II.
(2014-02-15, 03:59)vuter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, lookylooky,

Let us know how it works out for you.
(2014-02-12, 21:35)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]From what I remember seeing in various post around the web the Mlais MX69Pro is also a battery hog. I imagine all of the ROMs for the various H9008's available are based off of the official Mlais. Keep in mind the Mlais MX69 Pro and the Mlais MX 69T pro are slightly different phones in regards to features so I'm not sure if the MX69T Pro ROM will work with the H9008.
I do believe they can fix the issues with an update. From what I'm seeing the main culprits eating up the battery is cell standby, system idle, and Wifi.

One of the primary reasons for me thinking that the 69T and the H9008 were one and the same was Merimobile's specs list which stated that the H9008 had NFC capabilities. Is this not the case?
No NFC on my h9008. I think the 69 pro is the same. The 69t pro has extra features.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14