www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 5.7Inch Note 3 H9008 MTK6592 1.7GHz 8 Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2014-02-06, 00:26)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Without proper testing, the percentages mean virtually nothing. Especially over only a portion of battery use. Likely what's happening is similar to iNew V3 and many smart phones in general, when the charging gets to a certain threshold, it jumps to 100%. I'm not saying absolutely this is the problem. You need to check the charging arc.

How long did the phone sit on the charger after it was fully charged is another factor.

Install Battery Spy and charge the phone and then take a screenshot of your charging arc any time after it hits 100% and upload the screenshot.

Yep. First charge - overnight, up to 16 hrs. Battery needs at least 4 - 6 cycles to show its capacity. And do not disconnect charger immediately after it shows 100% charge. If You check voltage, it will raise slowly next couple hrs, because it is charging...
Confirmed that the 3 towers near my house are using 850 and 1900 via the web. I did as Gizbeat suggested and used Mobile Uncle MTK tools, went in Band, SIM 1 and noticed both 850 and 1900 were preselected. I Cleared all the UMTS selections except for 1900. Rebooted and I still had signal. Made a test text. Worked fine. Put data on, showed 3G, went online and surfed no problem. Checked in Mobile Uncle still only 1900 selected.

So the official answer is YES, the H9008 does support 850 AND 1900 WCDMA.

Cheers.
(2014-02-06, 04:13)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]Confirmed that the 3 towers near my house are using 850 and 1900 via the web. I did as Gizbeat suggested and used Mobile Uncle MTK tools, went in Band, SIM 1 and noticed both 850 and 1900 were preselected. I Cleared all the UMTS selections except for 1900. Rebooted and I still had signal. Made a test text. Worked fine. Put data on, showed 3G, went online and surfed no problem. Checked in Mobile Uncle still only 1900 selected.

Cheers.

Thank You so much! Great job!
Hope to order mine this week.
Tech support from the site I bought it from confirmed that the rapid battery drain has been mentioned repeatedly. Many people are very upset with the terrible battery life. They also mentioned to charge the battery properly over the next few days but that only helps a little. Supposedly the manufacturer is going to release an updated software to fix the issue sometime this month. That won't come soon enough. At 7am the phone was at 100% and had been charge for over 14hrs. By 6pm it was dead. I sent 4 texts all day, and listened to music 30 minutes. That is literally all I did with it all day. It drained itself in less than 12 hours. Almost all in standby.
I like the phone but the battery issues make the phone unusable for me.
Hopefully somebody finds a ROM that can fix this phone soon.

Cheers
The Mlias MX69 Pro scatter files as to that of H9008. Are they the same.

MX69 - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

H9008 - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-02-06, 04:13)lookylooky Wrote: [ -> ]Confirmed that the 3 towers near my house are using 850 and 1900 via the web. I did as Gizbeat suggested and used Mobile Uncle MTK tools, went in Band, SIM 1 and noticed both 850 and 1900 were preselected. I Cleared all the UMTS selections except for 1900. Rebooted and I still had signal. Made a test text. Worked fine. Put data on, showed 3G, went online and surfed no problem. Checked in Mobile Uncle still only 1900 selected.

Cheers.

Wow, that's great news. Besides the 3g radio band, another problem I hear a lot of people have with chinese phones is they can't connect to Google Play. Do you have this problem? I'm not sure where you bought your phone from, but did you ask them to install an international ROM?

Thanks.
(2014-02-08, 04:23)vuter Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers.

Wow, that's great news. Besides the 3g radio band, another problem I hear a lot of people have with chinese phones is they can't connect to Google Play. Do you have this problem? I'm not sure where you bought your phone from, but did you ask them to install an international ROM?

Thanks.

A lot of the brands come with google play pre-installed. If it doesn't then you will need to root the phone then install the play store. I got mine from Merimobiles. I had it rooted for a few $ and asked them to install it for me.
lookylooky,

I hope you don't mind two more questions.

1. How did you decide to buy the H9008 instead of the Mlais mx69 Pro? Was the slight price difference the only
factor for you?

2. Moving forward, what's your strategy for the battery issue? You mentioned the manufacturer is aware of the problem and is looking into it. I think the manufacturer is Mlais. However, their website is in chinese. How will you monitor this. Do you think merimobiles can help by notifying you when a new ROM is available?

Thanks.
(2014-02-12, 04:05)vuter Wrote: [ -> ]lookylooky,

I hope you don't mind two more questions.

1. How did you decide to buy the H9008 instead of the Mlais mx69 Pro? Was the slight price difference the only
factor for you?

2. Moving forward, what's your strategy for the battery issue? You mentioned the manufacturer is aware of the problem and is looking into it. I think the manufacturer is Mlais. However, their website is in chinese. How will you monitor this. Do you think merimobiles can help by notifying you when a new ROM is available?

Thanks.

At the time I bought the H9008 Merimobiles has a great deal on it making it about $100 cheaper than the Mlais. That was the only factor...lol.
My strategy for the battery is to wait it out. Needrom.com is a great site for roms and they have an interesting new custom ROM for the Mlais giving it the appearance of Samsungs touchwiz. Still waiting to find out if the battery issue was fixed with it though.
As for Merimobiles they have an excellent tech support guy and he told me a update would be available this month. I sent him the link to a couple on Needrom and I think he's going to check them out. I think the rom on mine is the same version as the Star H9008 dated Jan 14th 2014. Any version will do as long as its stable and addresses the battery issue.

If I had it to do over again I would have waited until the battery life was fixed. Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice phone for less than $300 but poor battery is a deal breaker for me.
Guys,

The language used in the assessment of the H9008 leads me to wonder whether there is a (remarkable) difference in the rate at which the battery runs down on the H9008 and on the Mlais MX 69T Pro. Does anyone know whether this is the case? If it is indeed the case, and it's merely a software issue, as some say, I wonder what incentive Mlais will have to hammer it out.

Blast this trigger finger of mine...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14