www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [ROM] iNew V3 Ultimate v1.0.4 rooted/full touch CWM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hi,
I don't like the unified data/SD scheme of 1.0.4

I've got a CWM update.zip for 1.0.4, and thinking about aply this over your previous rom version.
After that, Flash your full touch CWM.
Update whatever is needed.
Make a copy with MKT Droid Tools.

This will be a correct path to get some kinda of previous partition Scheme 1.0.4?
It will not fix the partitions.If you flash v1.04 from cwm recovery,you will see one internal storage and it`s size will be the size of internal storage you had in v1.03.For example if in v1.03 you didnt make re-partition, after installing v1,04 from cwm you will have only one internal storage and it`s size will be 0,9gb.If you restore your cwm backup of v1.03 you wil have again 2 internal storages
Personally i want to ask from Gizbeat or Burs if they have the goodness to make ebr mod files with size 13gb.Thanks
i think one full partition is the best option, I really don't see the problem with this map, more the less because if you have an external card most of the software (screenshots, whatsapp files, etc.) still go to the external card, only the camera uses internal for that use, it is the same scheme as before, except that you have the whole space avalaible por apps installing anc whatever other use you want it to have

the only drawback to me is that the space is not avalaible to pc as external storage, only throug mpt protocol
That exact is the problem Elsita. The phone storage no mount through usb. Really it become useless then unless maybe possible to push file through adb, which is tedious. So then have tons of storage space go to waste. Most the people it use 13gb of internal storage? That crazy. Most people not even using 2gb.

Unless u know the way to easily mount and tranfer via mpt on PC? Otherwise this retarded decision by iNew. Waste of space for most of the people.
(2014-01-29, 09:37)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]That exact is the problem Elsita. The phone storage no mount through usb. Really it become useless then unless maybe possible to push file through adb, which is tedious. So then have tons of storage space go to waste. Most the people it use 13gb of internal storage? That crazy. Most people not even using 2gb.

Unless u know the way to easily mount and tranfer via mpt on PC? Otherwise this retarded decision by iNew. Waste of space for most of the people.

is there a way to fix this or do we have to wait for 1.0.5 or whatever comes out next ?
(2014-01-29, 09:37)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Really it become useless then unless maybe possible to push file through adb, which is tedious.

Yes, it's possible to transfer files through ADB (first option), both wirelessly and wired (also check out Android Commander app if you're transfering files to PC). With USB cable you can get around 4MB/s (depends on a lot of factors), which is in most cases about twice as fast as transfering wirelessly over router (second option).

My third option is using Android's file manager like Solid Explorer which has support for Windows SMB shares, and transfer files over WiFi AdHoc connection (which bypasses a router), but AdHoc connections are only possible with PC's, AFAIK.

Fourth option is starting an FTP server on the phone and connecting it to the WiFi access point (similar to AdHoc) created on another device. Still much faster than transferring files over router, and close to ADB alternative.

Fifth option is the mother of all these above, a true Mass Storage Mode with the only limitation of the USB controller on your source and target devices (and sometimes the quality of USB cable).

MTP, as it was already said, if also very fast, but has lots of limitations and bugs.
1) Timestamps of copied files are messed up.
2) Files which were deleted still show as existent.
3) Locked files cannot be copied.
4) Can't see files which I see on the phone.
5) Hangs for a few minutes when creating new folders.
6) etc etc...

EDIT: and I forgot the sixth way to transfer files: WiFi Direct. Both devices must have support for it (both hardware and software), or else it won't work. PC WiFi network cards rarely support it (mostly Intels), but most of newer Android devices support it also. It's very fast, as fast as wired ADB connection, maybe even faster, depends on the WiFi Direct device implementation.
Great Burs. Seems like the perfect idea for a newbie tutorial on each of these methods. Hint hint. Hands
(2014-01-29, 17:11)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Great Burs. Seems like the perfect idea for a newbie tutorial on each of these methods. Hint hint. Hands

Well, I just might do that, but lacking time right now. The alternatives mentioned are big topics each for itself, so it would be a really lengthy tutorial altogether. Let's just see first what future firmware holds for us (regarding partitions), then if I find time, I'll explain all in detail.
I didn't mean in one big tutorial. I meant each method a tutorial in itself, or just whichever methods you think are handiest. Also, though it could be geared towards iNew V3 current situation with 1.0.4, it wouldn't necessarily be just for iNew v3 users - meaning other phone users may find the tutorials handy as well. Anyways, just an idea. I will do it sooner or later myself if no one else gets around to it.
Hi,

I have a problem with installing this rom, maxbe you can help me in fixing it.

hi, ive got a problem.

When i try to flash this rom i got the 8038 error with SP Flash tool. In case i create my own scatter file, i am able to flash the rom but i got a nice bootloop. I can reflash the original rom from my backup so flashing works but i have this problem with the scatter file. What do i miss? it seems like i need a PMT scatter but why would i possibly need anything else than the one provided with rom when this works for everone?
I also have this problem with the geekgirl's rom too so possibly it is not rom spacific but since i can reflash my backup it should not be driver reletad either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12