www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: ►▲◄iNew V3 1.0.8 rooted + Pre installed CWM ►▲◄
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2014-03-28, 10:51)bbq88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-28, 09:56)kyllaz Wrote: [ -> ]The last but not the least is the camera update to f/2,0, i can confirm with 100% sure that the camera is f/2,0, huge improvement.

Congrad.

By the way, how can we test whether the camera is really taking photos at f/2.0?

I think is very difficult to tell for sure. Only with a professional light meter or a good DSLR camera will do the work.
The problem is the the F2.2 is not a "valid" aperture. The "stops" (photography term, value numbers) are at this 'area' F2.8, F2.4, F2.0, F1.8, F1.4 etc. The digital cameras introduce those in-between values for aperture and the speed too for more "fine" adjustments-steps. So it is more difficult to measure this change.
My opinion is (as I have already said many times) that the camera is 2.2, if we take as standard that our sensor is IMX135 and they just change this number to match the description at their website (says F2.0 camera)
Hello Everyone, I just upgraded my phone from 1.0.4 to 1.0.8,
On my phone GPS is working fine after upgrade,

although flashtool gave error thrice while upgrading ...
Okay, im here with news from testing 1.0.8 and faulty GPS.
I restored nikstars nvram backup, but in 1.0.8 GPS still crappy, cant get more than 5 satelites fix and constantly losing signal. So i did some workaround. I replaced system image with one from 1.0.5 and voila, GPS is working and so home button working flawlessly.

So if you had problem with home button on older version and had problem with gps on 1.0.8, this is a way to solve it.
(2014-03-28, 09:56)kyllaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there guys.
I´ve been folowing this thread in the past days and i´ve realized that there´s been some big problems with some of your phones and this fw version.
Before this update i was on 1.0.4 ofw /rooted and my inew v3 was with a lot of bugs as you all know and experienced in your own phones.

Today i had the time and put this 1.0.8 on my inew and it as been a great change. The first things i´ve tried with 1.0.8 fw where gsm calls, sms, app store and the usual stuff, all worked great, very fast multitasking, now was time to test the GPS, i was afraid because of all the feedback in the forum, but for my surprise everything it is working 100%, i just launch my gps app and he connects in a sec. way more fast than before.

The biggest changes that i also noticed where on the wireless signal, OMG, with 1.0.4fw in my bedrom my inew didn´t even connect to my network, now it shows me 3 signal bars this was huge for me.
The last but not the least is the camera update to f/2,0, i can confirm with 100% sure that the camera is f/2,0, huge improvement.
The battery i will be testing it tomorrow with more accure results because this is a big problem that needs to be solved.

I think the guys over iNew are doing a good job, i know it´s bad for not to have fw changelogs, download places are in chinese, 3 versions of same firmware (WTF) and almost no support from them, but they are working and that´s all that matters in the end.

This was my little review of this firmware version and my final point is that all of you should update to 1.0.8 asap.

Hope you all enjoy your new iNew!

Best regards

I just got the iNew and should be arriving today. So I started looking at FWs... Regarding the note about no changelog. The .doc that's included in the cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.8.zip does include a change log (Section 2 of the doc).

I don't know what some of these terms mean, but maybe it'll be helpful for someone.
Severity - Area of Defect - Description - Passed Unit Testing
1) Severity A - Charging - IMX Using a lot of power - Yes
2) Severity A - TP - Home button not working - Yes
3) Severity A - FactoryMode - Combine ATA Testing - No
4) Severity A - Drivers - Updated Drivers - No
5) Severity A - TP - No response from TP - Yes
6) Severity A - TP - Fixed stability of TP, and fixed unable to upgrade TP - No

Hope this is helpful for someone, I for one learned a few Chinese technie terms while translating this. Cheers. Big Grin
Also... if someone care to send me the .docs (.doc only) included in previous FWs, I can try translating them as well. (I just don't want to be downloading all the previous firmwares just to get the .doc) Just putting it out there for anyone who's curious. Baidu Cloud downloads quite fast once you register and download with their client, but noting that it registration requires passing a Chinese Captcha, it might be challenging for non-Chinese.
Regarding 1.0.8: According to the changelog, there are two versions of 1.0.8.
CHUANGXINQI-EN-INEW-QB15AFD-S539-6582V1.0.0B08 was release on 20140317
And the other ...
CHUANGXINQI-EN-INEW-QB15AFD-S539-6582V1.0.0B09 was released on 20140319
Both were marked as "cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.8" (although one is B08 and the other is B09). I don't know if that'll explain some of the GPS disparity that people are experiencing? Maybe they were using different "versions" of 1.0.8?
I too upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.0.8. Overall no problems so far and GPS is working ok on my phone (getting a steady 9-10 satellite fix in relatively open area).
Regarding the versions mentioned above (CHUANGXINQI-EN-INEW-QB15AFD-S539-6582V1.0.0B08 and CHUANGXINQI-EN-INEW-QB15AFD-S539-6582V1.0.0B09 was released on 20140319) which one did you use Danyno1 for your rooted - CWM 1.0.8 ROM ?
@optic_illusions
Did you already Flash the 1.0.8?

@all
Can I Flash the rooted 1.0.8 Rom from this thread with CWM-Recovery?
(2014-03-28, 10:51)bbq88 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] It should be done with flashtool no CWM
then root and install cwm This way it will work 100%.
PC Drivers are in [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Don´t forget to do a backup of your phone and nvram first if any problem happens
(2014-03-28, 21:58)kyllaz Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and also [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-03-28, 22:26)linr76 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and also [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You just have to know how to see it, i´ve already explained a way for the newbies, throught photoshop.
I have a master in multimedia i know what i´m talking about (but now i´m a designer way cool Smiling) don´t need to read wikipedia where anyone can write what they want to know how to see a simple thing as this. This is a work that i do often, when photographers came with advertising campaign photos for me to work, i always have to know how the picture was taken.
sorry, no offense, you might have a master in multimedia, but this is engineering. i am an engineer.
and i can tell you that you cannot rely on anything that you see in the meta-data of a picture.
all this data can be altered or faked. which is exactly the case with the inew v3.
the lens is (at best) f/2.2.
unless you actually measured it and can prove it, you will have to believe that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19