www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Vernee Thor E MT6753 - TWRP and Stock Rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
hello there !
I have my thor e for quite a time now, but I'm not at all satisfied with the original software, the gps doesn't work properly and sometimes the screen simple doesn't turn on.
Can I install a stock android in it ??
thanks for any help !
@kommando :

I have run some tests.
I confirm that the TWRP 3.1 works well on the next ota updates :

- Thor_E_20170809 - 611.61 MB

- Thor_E_20170829 - 39.03 MB

Please see the next screenshot :

[Image: oi7ghj.jpg]

The "Incremental 1504003280" is the same number of the next stock rom :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

201709 / 1.48 GB / mediafire ( full_k19nta_a-ota-1504003280.zip )

Wink
(2017-09-17, 06:20)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

201709 / 1.48 GB / mediafire ( full_k19nta_a-ota-1504003280.zip )

Wink
I don't get your post. As I understand we must try again installing TWRP on our 20170829 update because according to your tests it can be installed. And the 201709 ROM that is on vernee site is the same as the one we already have? I got things right?
And another question Cleopatra if you please: I read in previous posts that if I root my phone I can't have the ota updates because the phone can't boot, right? The same occurs if I download the ROM from vernee site and install it via TWRP since it is a zip file?

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk
(2017-09-17, 07:11)achkap Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get your post. As I understand we must try again installing TWRP on our 20170829 update because according to your tests it can be installed. And the 201709 ROM that is on vernee site is the same as the one we already have? I got things right?
And another question Cleopatra if you please: I read in previous posts that if I root my phone I can't have the ota updates because the phone can't boot, right? The same occurs if I download the ROM from vernee site and install it via TWRP since it is a zip file?

@achkap :

The TWRP 3.1 works well on the latest ota update (20170829).
You are able to root your Thor E 20170829 by SuperSU.zip
You cannot install a OTA.zip by twrp custom recovery.

Fundamental :
To download/install every OTA update,
the phone must be unrooted and without twrp recovery.

Regards
(2017-09-17, 07:39)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]@achkap :

The TWRP 3.1 works well on the latest ota update (20170829).
You are able to root your Thor E 20170829 by SuperSU.zip
You cannot install a OTA.zip by twrp custom recovery.

Fundamental :
To download/install every OTA update,
the phone must be unrooted and without twrp recovery.

Regards
Thank you for your quick answer. So every time there is a new update I have to flash stock ROM with spflash tool, do the update, and then redo the procedure to root. Weird though, isn't it?

So every time there is a new update I have to flash stock ROM with spflash tool, do the update, and then redo the procedure to root.

Std ROM behaviour, unless the rom development is community based then the OTA updates will be only for unrooted phones, if you have a community developed rom then you can update using TWRP and community zips when rooted but you will still have to unroot then flash to a std rom for OEM OTA updates.

Good to know std TWRP 3.1 works , will try it out later as not having adaway is a pain, only issue if the bugs that Vernee have to fix meaning lots of flashing.
(2017-09-17, 16:01)kommando Wrote: [ -> ]So every time there is a new update I have to flash stock ROM with spflash tool, do the update, and then redo the procedure to root.

Std ROM behaviour, unless the rom development is community based then the OTA updates will be only for unrooted phones, if you have a community developed rom then you can update using TWRP and community zips when rooted but you will still have to unroot then flash to a std rom for OEM OTA updates.

Good to know std TWRP 3.1 works , will try it out later as not having adaway is a pain, only issue if the bugs that Vernee have to fix meaning lots of flashing.
Yes that's my problem too that makes me hesitate to root my phone. Many bugs on stock ROM and I m waiting for Vernee to fix them. I miss flashing though since my previous phone was a galaxy S3 with lots of custom ROMs

How can I insert compass sensor file in latest update Thor_E_20170829 ?
Root the phone using TWRP 3.1, then put the compass files in a zip with the folder structure correct for the file and use TWRP to flash the zip (do a back up first) or use a root file manager to insert the file in the correct location after renaming the old useless version.
(2017-09-17, 20:36)kommando Wrote: [ -> ]Root the phone using TWRP 3.1, then put the compass files in a zip with the folder structure correct for the file and use TWRP to flash the zip (do a back up first) or use a root file manager to insert the file in the correct location after renaming the old useless version.

Thank you for the hint, please could you explain little briefly ? How to find compass file and create zip file?
Can I use ESfile explorer from play store?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21