www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Stock iNew V3 v1.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2014-01-23, 02:39)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]Part1 is a broken file, I cannot install it with CWM. Can you upload it onto another source? Thanks and best regards.

you have to download both parts, then open part1 and extract the rom, it will continue with part2 when needed, the links are fine
What is the secret behind part1 and part2? What exactly has to be done to use this update? Sorry, but I have never seen such an update containing two parts and I am not Harry Potter and I do not have a magic wand, I need a bit more specific instructions how to handle this.

I only want to install this 1.0.4 update with CWM,
(2014-01-23, 04:11)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]What is the secret behind part1 and part2? What exactly has to be done to use this update? Sorry, but I have never seen such an update containing two parts and I am not Harry Potter and I do not have a magic wand, I need a bit more specific instructions how to handle this.

I only want to install this 1.0.4 update with CWM,

It is very simple.
Download both parts.
Download and install winrar (google it)
Right click in part 1.rar and choose extract to cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.4
Then you will see a folder created.
Inside there, you will find the update which you can copy it to your sd and install it by CWM.
But remember, that if you choose this method (update), your internal sd will be lost.
So it's better to use the other files that Burs uploaded last in the initial post, and flash the rom (firmware upgrade) with flash tool.
The cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.4_update.zip in the part1 is the file that could not be installed with CWM. I tried to update it but it did not work. And when I try to open part2 with 7zip (sorry, no winzip nor winrar on my box, I can't stand these programs), then I get a CRC error. This does not compute.

I am not sure anymore if I want to update this version 1.0.4 at all, this is way too confusing.

From what I understood with the CWM update I lose the internal SD partition and everything I have installed on the phone and with the flash tool update I still have the SD partition but I also lose everything that I have installed on the phone.

This does not make much sense to me. Either way I end up with everything gone and I have to re-install everything from scratch.
OK, i'm a little confused (doesn't take much to be honest!). I've flashed roms on my androids for years. But what i'm confused with is the difference in flashing 1.04 with cwm & spf. From what some have said if I flash using firmware upgrade I wont lose my 6gb partition.

What i'm confused with is...given the selection of all items using the scatter wouldn't this just reset to default? Or do I de-select the ebr settings? If I use spf will I have the need to re-install everything again (or restore from titanium), or is cwm safer using the update.zip?

Isn't there a way to get the 'best of both'? I.e. use cwm to do the update whilst maintaining the partitions & apps - or am I asking too much / for a custom here??

Sorry folks, just want to be clear.
I am not able to flash my inew v3. What do I do wrong? I tried it on 2 different laptops with Windows 7, 64 bit.

1. I installed the PDANet driver, 64 bit.
2. I extracted SP Flash Tool v5.1343.01 (also tried v3.1344.0.212)
3. Started Flash tool as Administrator
4. Loaded the scatter file, Flash tool show all correct line items
5. Selected Firmware Upgrade
6. Pressed Download button
7. Connected phone via USB cable (after first removal of SD card and SIM card, and shutting phone down). I tried two different USB cables. One that came with Inew V3 and the other one that I always used to flash my SGS1
8.a. Just waited if something happened. Nothing happened in Flash Tool. The tool does not notice the phone is connected. The phone itself shows battery icon.
8.b. Other option I tried is to press volume up + power button at same time. It starts Android System Recovery. The Flash Tool does nothing, it does not notice my Inew V3 is connected.

Any idea what is going wrong? Is there any other option to flash? I guess it should be possible with the Android System Recovery menu to apply update from sdcard??
Hi!
This rom can go directly to 1.0.1 version?
Should I need scatter.txt file (don't know what it is) for Sp flashing (this flash tool new for me) .
This version have a stock recovery or cwm?
(2014-01-23, 01:59)Popo Hamerupad Wrote: [ -> ]I checked my phone and the build number is: cxq_v3_v1.0.6T02
I am not sure exactly what does it mean, but I expected to see 1.0.1 version in my phone.
Does anybody familiar with my version? Is it the default one?

I know this case. The version number is a bit misleading and it's not newer than 1.0.4, but AFAIK, it's the oldest one. So, whichever firmware version you update to, you will most likely be better than with the one you currently have Smiling

(2014-01-23, 02:39)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]Part1 is a broken file, I cannot install it with CWM. Can you upload it onto another source? Thanks and best regards.

No, it's not broken. Links are just fine. No one else reported a problem, so you must be doing something wrong.

(2014-01-23, 04:11)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]What is the secret behind part1 and part2? What exactly has to be done to use this update? Sorry, but I have never seen such an update containing two parts and I am not Harry Potter and I do not have a magic wand, I need a bit more specific instructions how to handle this.

There is no secret. Files uploaded to ZippyShare file hosting service cannot exceed 200MB, so I had to split 310MB into part1 and part2. That's how people upload their files on the internet for the past 15 years. So it's nothing new and it's considered as elementary stuff, so you really don't need a magic wand and Harry Potter's skills.

(2014-01-23, 04:41)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure anymore if I want to update this version 1.0.4 at all, this is way too confusing.

Considering what you've said so far, I would recommend you not to go any further. If you really don't know how updating process works, and if you don't know what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what outcome will it have if you don't do it right, you could do some serious damage to your phone (software-wise), and I don't want to be responsible for that.

(2014-01-23, 04:41)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understood with the CWM update I lose the internal SD partition and everything I have installed on the phone and with the flash tool update I still have the SD partition but I also lose everything that I have installed on the phone.

No, flashing through CWM your /data partition (ie. installed apps) will stay intact. Problems that others have had, were introduced because they modded their EBR's in previous firmware version, so phone storage partition became invisible to the system.

(2014-01-23, 04:41)StardustOne Wrote: [ -> ]This does not make much sense to me. Either way I end up with everything gone and I have to re-install everything from scratch.

Welcome to the Android world! Smiling Is this your first Android phone or only the first upgrade? That's why people are using Titanium Backup which can make a backup copy of all your apps, and restore them afterwards altogether using only one tap on the screen.

(2014-01-23, 04:53)bay Wrote: [ -> ]From what some have said if I flash using firmware upgrade I wont lose my 6gb partition.

If you by "firmware upgrade" mean CWM, then you're correct. But since you applied the 6GB mod, your phone storage partition will become invisible.

(2014-01-23, 04:53)bay Wrote: [ -> ]What i'm confused with is...given the selection of all items using the scatter wouldn't this just reset to default? Or do I de-select the ebr settings? If I use spf will I have the need to re-install everything again (or restore from titanium), or is cwm safer using the update.zip?

Deselecting EBR files is a good idea. Theoreticaly it should leave your EBR the same as before. But I can't confirm how would that affect the rest of the system. If you flash with SPF, say goodbye to everything. So make TB backup beforehand and restore your apps later. I would always flash through CWM, since I find it safer, but this is now a special scenario because of the EBR modding done before.

(2014-01-23, 04:53)bay Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there a way to get the 'best of both'? I.e. use cwm to do the update whilst maintaining the partitions & apps - or am I asking too much / for a custom here??

I think that would be possible only if you re-flash stock 1.0.3 EBR's and then update through CWM. But that process itself would invalidate both /data and phone storage partitions. What I would try, is make a backup of the phone storage partition and a /data partition (from within CWM), re-flash 1.0.3 EBR's, and restore the partition backups. Then maybe, and just maybe, CWM 1.0.4 would flash correctly. But those are just pure speculations. Don't take it for granted.

What I would do now if I were you, I would first make TB backup, then flash through SPF to have cleaned up system, and restore my apps. Simple as that. That's all you can now have in situation you are in. I like the way you're thinking, so if you think of something else, keep us all posted here.
@burs...

Detailed as always my friend. Cheers. Guess I was trying to find the 'cheeky' way around an install. TB or not it does get time consuming, and I always find in my haste to get the re-install done quick I press the wrong bloody button at some point! (my own fault, I know). That's why I'm with you generally - update through CWM.

It was just reading other comments over the losing storage after modding. What a pig. Agree, sensible option is to do a 'fresh' using SPF. But something's bugging me here - like the update.zip could be modded to have the partition mod enabled.

Hmmm....if I get time I might take a look-see. If not I'll just do a full spf & TB restore post rooting.
the problem with 1.04 update is that it has changed the way sd is partioned, if you flash it from spft it will result in a unique sd partition to use for apps installing and data use at the same time

if you use the update from recovery you will lose your internal sd card but keep your installed apps, but the lost sd part is lost unless you do the full flashing

i guess you could flash the full rom with modded ebr in case you don't like the new partitioning. but i am not 100% sure if this will work fine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15