www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New multilanguage ROM from INNOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Can anyone tell me if there is any big difference between v3.4 and v2.6? It's worth it the changing of V3.4 with v2.6 ? I mention that don't have major problems with v3.4 like random reboots or anything like that. Can I install it directly through TWRP? From what I read above, MartinPoel did something like this.
(2016-08-30, 16:46)robbyx Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me if there is any big difference between v3.4 and v2.6? It's worth it the changing of V3.4 with v2.6 ? I mention that don't have major problems with v3.4 like random reboots or anything like that. Can I install it directly through TWRP? From what I read above, MartinPoel did something like this.

Yes I used TWRP, backed up 3.4 ROM (just in case), wiped the ROM and installed the 2.6 version.
You will finish with a clean ROM, so you have to set it up like it is new and install any apps.
Some of the pre installed apps are slightly different in look and feel, but no great improvement, just different. overall the ROM is different but not much of an improvement, it has GAPPs installed as standard.
My phone still reboots, it looks like it is related to the mobile radios, all versions of ROM do it.
I have noticed that when I have no mobile coverage the phone does not reboot.
Currently I am on 2G on both SIMS with data and WiFi turned on and after 3 days no reset, last week when I had 4G on SIM1 and 2G + data on SIM2 it still rebooted after a few days.
When I have 4G + data one one SIM and 2G on the other it will reboot in a matter of hours, interestingly after the reboot it is often, but not always, left with both SIMs in 2G mode
Installing using Qfil is much safer.

I tried from 3.4 to 2.6 before using TWRP and failed and bricked.

With Qfil I had no problem.

After flashing using Qfil for the 1st time I had the feeling that the ROM took less space on the phone.

I think it looks more like cyanogen mod than stock rom. I don't really know how cyanogen mod looks like though.
(2016-08-30, 22:27)Rescue Wrote: [ -> ]Installing using Qfil is much safer.

I tried from 3.4 to 2.6 before using TWRP and failed and bricked.

With Qfil I had no problem.

After flashing using Qfil for the 1st time I had the feeling that the ROM took less space on the phone.

I think it looks more like cyanogen mod than stock rom. I don't really know how cyanogen mod looks like though.
Yes, the common ROM much more AOSP (normal Google style Android) than the 3.x ROM which is China style. CyanogenMod looks quite AOSP too.
I have gone back to the 3.4 version ROM (from a TWRP backup) as I liked some of the pre installed APKs more (alarm clock, audio player, dialer, etc.) not much difference between the ROMs operation wise. I am still struggling with the random reboots, currently operating on single SIM (2g) with Wifi and data turned off, 24 hrs and no reboot, I will wait another day and start turning some of the radios and SIMs back on to see what combination gives no or little reboots.
Regards,
Martin
From the service of European Innos I read that android 6 will be available next week. We shall see how credible they are. I got problems with battery and restarts. Did a reset and working on the problem. I have some suspisions and will post here if they are verified. Seems like reset does not help though...
I actually thought they gave up on us.

Didn't actually expect them to release android 6.0.

And didn't even know they had an European branch, they are actually doing some efforts (if we really get Android 6.0 that's).
Just an update, I have gone back to the European (Polish) ROM version 2.6 Android 5.
They have a web page that also provides customer help here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] , I tried the customer help and found them helpful, but they could not help me but informed me that Android 6 should come out soon.
The time between reboots of my phone varies, when I have no internet service (out in the sticks) it goes for a week or so without a reboot.
I run Orux maps (tracker) a lot of the time and depending if I have the tracker use the GPS continually or every 30 seconds the time between reboots also changes. Yesterday the phone did a reboot the instant I took a photo (GPS location on for photos), I have noticed similar things with Facebook (also a GPS user). I have locked (phone is rooted) a number of background apps that have "GPS" or "Location" in their name like com.qualcomm.location.XT I am observing the phone today to see how it goes. I believe that with Android 6 you have more control over what services are available to what apps, that might help, or maybe Android 6 does not have this GPS use bug in it with this phone.
Regards, Martin
Hi, can someone tell me if you can upgrade V2.5 Chinese/English to versions 2.4/2.6 multilingual by TWRP. By QFIL I cant because as I connect the phone to the computer restarts and enters loop. I also this happens if I put a battery charge being switched on. This happens to me since I had to take the battery inside because it burst.
(2016-10-27, 00:23)nelo63 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, can someone tell me if you can upgrade V2.5 Chinese/English to versions 2.4/2.6 multilingual by TWRP. By QFIL I cant because as I connect the phone to the computer restarts and enters loop. I also this happens if I put a battery charge being switched on. This happens to me since I had to take the battery inside because it burst.

Maybe you can try to change your internal battery by this one : another forum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21