www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Third Realese of iNew_V1.0.7 + Preinstalled CWM + ROOTED [20/03/2014 UPDATE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I agree, i came from 1.0.4 and battery works better for me now with this rom and it actually goes to 100%, only had 2 discharge cycles so far so didn't get a good sense of it, but it looks to me that when it reaches 4.1v it already says 100%, the led charging light goes off, but if letting it plugged in it continues to charge up to the 4.2v. have to go through a few more runs to see if it really is like that tho...

but overall the phone feels a bit smoother and wifi does work better, before i had some trouble sometimes getting internet from the router, now it didn't fail once yet, camera is also focusing better and faster for me. For me, besides the stupidity of continuing with the unified partitions which i hate and will probly sell the phone because of it, it's a good update.
I have to admit that something really is upgraded in this rom' battery power management department.
Earlier on previous roms , it didn't matter what charger i was using ( chargers with 400mah or 1000 mah output range) , ir always took 3 hours and 15 minutes for it to be fully charged.
But today When it was fully discharged, i plugged it to a zopo (1000 mah output) charger , after almost 2 hours it was fully charged. So charging time is reduced .
And some thing else also happened. When i first booted it up, for about first 15 minutes of usage, gsam battery monitor didn't start the on screen time counter. I mean after 15 - 20 minutes,gsam screen time started from zero.
And yes wifi signal is improved
if you ask me, its amazing to see that a fairly small and unknown manufacturer brings out so many firmwares.
arguably it would be better if they did it in a more professional manner, like stating changelog etc. and also possting it on their site instead of baidu cloud.
but i wont fault them for this, i am happy they do something at least.
(2014-03-21, 19:27)Burs Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

Only internal sd card can't be mounted because it's unified with /data partition which is already mounted. Except that, CWM is fully functional and compatible with version 1.0.7, ie. you can mount all partitions and make backups and restore any way you like (on external sd card). If there's someone without external sd card, or if he removes it before backup is made, it would be interesting to see if it can be saved on internal sd card. But I think that would not change the situation.

Another thing worth mentioning is that internal sd card contents are included in the backup (because /data partition is backed up by default, and CWM is not copying only data which reside in /data folder, but all files on the partition, and that includes files on internal sd card too!), so you must somehow get rid of these data if you don't won't them to be backed up as well (moving them to external sd card or making them "invisible" - if you figure out how, let me know!). If you don't do that, backups can be pretty heavy or you might even run out of free space on your external sd card if it's lower capacity (8/16GB).

Burs, your brilliance is dizzying. And your presence was missed. Good to see you back around these parts, man. Wink
Unfortunately, when I flashed my iNEW V3 with this v.1.0.7, the touchscreen went wrong. It reads a very wrong position of the touch in Y direction.
Can it be this ROM is for a wrong display resolution?

Anybody got the same bug?
(2014-03-22, 02:56)alexbuch Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, when I flashed my iNEW V3 with this v.1.0.7, the touchscreen went wrong. It reads a very wrong position of the touch in Y direction.
Can it be this ROM is for a wrong display resolution?

Anybody got the same bug?

Yes, this appears to be common with 1.0.7. Please read the first post in this thread. You'll probably want to install v. 1.0.5 for the time being.
(2014-03-22, 02:56)alexbuch Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
THEN FLASH THE [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

AND YOUR PHONE WILL BE ALIVE AGAIN..
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Today I installed the ROM posted here + CWM and everything perfectly fine. My version of the device (under the battery) is V4 and WCDMA 850/2100 ordered Antelife January 9, 2014.

I greatly appreciate the effort you devote to this phone .... thanks.

Google translation
You are welcome Smiling (and so lucky at the same time Big Grin)
Congrats ;)
Well, downgrading to v.1.0.5 is easy, no problem.
Just the annoying bug of all the earlier versions remain: the home-key works or does not work sporadic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26