www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: HOW TO PORT TWRP MT6735, MT6752, MT6753, MT6795, MT6797 TWRP MT67xx tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-19, 03:33)sudd1976 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Its a cubot rainbow
(2016-08-19, 03:42)sudd1976 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Yes it is this device
(2016-08-19, 04:08)sudd1976 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is this device
OK Smiling

Sorry if I have asked twice, but I wanted to be sure about it.
Well, I will make the TWRP for your device.
I am waiting for a little donation.
When I will receive the donation confirmation, I will send you the TWRP by mail.

Regards
Not a problem at all, looking forward to being able to have my phone rooted.

Thanks for your help
@theincognito :

I have tried to unpack the recovery.img
You are right ... the folder is empty.
Try to backup your recovery.img into your microSD.
Follow these steps :

1) Connect your phone to your pc with USB cable.
2) Open cmd (command prompt) in Windows.
3) Type "adb devices" (without quotes) and press enter.
If you see alphanumeric string everything is ok.
4) Type "adb shell" (without quotes) and press enter.
5) Type "su" (without quotes) and press enter.
6) Type the next string (without quotes) and press enter :

"dd if=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery of=/storage/sdcard1/recovery.img bs=4096"

7) Be patient ... and you will find the recovery.img inside your microSD.

Regards
(2016-08-19, 06:13)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]@theincognito :

I have tried to unpack the recovery.img
You are right ... the folder is empty.

Regards

That would have been nice ,but unfortunately, my phone is not rooted. And I can't root it. I tried Kingroot(both apk and pc),poot,iRoot,Kingo Root,baidu,etc,etc. None of them can root it. I usually directly install SuperSU via TWRP,but as you might have guessed it,I don't have one. And to make matters worse, when I tried to unlock bootloader via fastboot (After enabling "Allow OEM unlock" from developer settings), the result that I got was "Unlock not allowed". Lenovo screwed me... Doh Crying
(2016-08-19, 10:09)theincognito Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2016-08-19, 11:06)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Nope. Same as always. "Root strategy unavailable". Tried thrice.