www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Sniper47 . thanks for your informations . but WHO suggeste me WHAT?! For real, the only reply that I've got is yours.
If you mean that i should buy a spare battery, I don't really feel good about removing the back cover 2 times a day. Some how it will damage the nfc connector . or it may break one of the several small plastic connectors on the edges of the back cover.
Any other soloution rather than having two batteries?
Is there any hope that it will be fixed with future updates from inew?
Right now i have 1.0.1 firmware . and everything works fine for me. Such as otg . nfc . and so on. Should i update to 1.0.4?
Has anyone contacted iNew directly regarding the battery drain? Just wondering...
(2014-01-30, 08:58)joakinjr Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Just tap Download within xPosed]
Maybe it's all due to improper battery calibration?
@all:
Did anyone tried DisableCriticalBatteryShutdown Xposed module?
[snip]
[/quote]

worth a try, just installed
@burs:

About inew i6000 battery: I just searched an unboxing video of the i6000 on youtube to see the battery size. here it is, watch this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&v=l4aBZaJ_L7I#t=40

it actually seems to be the same size... maybe its just thicker. what do you think?

@gizbeat : can you ask your friends on 1949deal.com to compare the inew v3 and inew i6000 battery size and tell us the results?

about fixing it via software, I asked if the battery status could be fixed via future software upgrade. 1830 mah battery should last longer than 1 or 2 hours! for sure it's not about the chemical of the battery.
actually I contacted the inew directly 2 times. but still haven't got any reply from them.
first time I asked them about the camera, the next time i told them about the battery... BUT NO REPLY FROM THEM TILL NOW... may be it's because the holiday in china..
and about the power bank... I seriously don't like carrying a power bank 24/7!
@burs . i see you have used the device for a long time, how many hours on screen time and standby time do you get out of the inew v3??
and why should I upgrade to 1.0.4 firmware? I really don't see any UPGRADE.
if i should upgrade , then which firmware do you suggest? I read your stock rom topic, gizbeat ultimate rom topic and geekgirl topic , in all of them people are nagging about strange problems , such as not mounting internal storage via pc and ....
which version do you suggest for me that works bug free?

one more thing , while capturing video on my inew v3 i understood that it doesn't focus automatically ! every time that i move my hand , i have to touch the screen in case it looses focus. have you faced this problem too?
or am i doing something wrong?

thank you

(2014-01-30, 19:17)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]@all:
Did anyone tried DisableCriticalBatteryShutdown Xposed module?
[snip]

worth a try, just installed
[/quote]

[snip]

and thank you! it seems quite true, I'll give it a try right away

EDIT : hmmm.... it seems quite risky . and I don't think inew v3 is tough enough to take this risk. as it said it may cause cpu damage... what do you think guys? should we do this?
(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]About inew i6000 battery: I just searched an unboxing video of the i6000 on youtube to see the battery size.
it actually seems to be the same size... maybe its just thicker. what do you think?

It's really hard to tell what is exact size of the battery judging from the video. Before I posted my last post, I was searching for the dimensions (WxHxD) on the internet for like half an hour and didn't found anything. But again, i6000 is a massive one, so I think that's mission impossible. If the thickness is greater, the back cover will not fit right, and possibly the NFC pins won't be properly connected. On the other side, if any of the width or the height is greater, it won't fit too. And also, if the battery connectors are slightly moved to the side, that would be a problem too. There are batteries of around 2000-2100mAh (THL W8, FireFly, iOcean) which could be tried, but this one from i6000... just forget about it.

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]about fixing it via software, I asked if the battery status could be fixed via future software upgrade.

Ahh, now it' more clear. Yeah, the status itself is a software problem, but AFAIK, haven't it been fixed in 1.0.4? If not completely, maybe they will polish it in one of the next firmwares.

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]actually I contacted the inew directly 2 times. but still haven't got any reply from them. first time I asked them about the camera, the next time i told them about the battery... BUT NO REPLY FROM THEM TILL NOW... may be it's because the holiday in china..

And maybe it's because they are chinese company Smiling

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]and about the power bank... I seriously don't like carrying a power bank 24/7!

You don't have to. Leave it at your workplace, or in a car, or somewhere else. You don't have to keep it in your pocket all the time Smiling

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]i see you have used the device for a long time, how many hours on screen time and standby time do you get out of the inew v3??

Where did you see that? Smiling Despite all my efforts to help people out, I don't have my piece (yet) Sad For now, I'm just a messenger and I'm just presenting verified information I pick up all around the globe Smiling Also I'm quite experienced with chinese phones and such gadgets generaly, so I try to help others in my free time. My V3 should be here in about a week, so then I'll be even more active here Smiling I've ordered it a month ago, but Antelife is giving me really bad headaches. Got it for $164, that's why I ordered it, but I don't think I'll order something from them anytime soon. In normal circumstances you should get around 4 hours of screen time. Don't know about the stand-by time.

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]if i should upgrade , then which firmware do you suggest? I read your stock rom topic, gizbeat ultimate rom topic and geekgirl topic , in all of them people are nagging about strange problems , such as not mounting internal storage via pc and ....
which version do you suggest for me that works bug free?

I recommend either Gizbeat's or GeekGirl's version. Bugs are ever-existent. So whether it's 1.0.1 or 1.0.4, stock or not, you can certainly expect them, but we're here to help you out if you encounter one. Most of the time greater version is a better version, so I would recommend 1.0.4.

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]one more thing , while capturing video on my inew v3 i understood that it doesn't focus automatically ! every time that i move my hand , i have to touch the screen in case it looses focus. have you faced this problem too? or am i doing something wrong?

That's not a bug, that's by design. But expect a bug in 1.0.4 when both auto-focus and touch-focus won't work! Smiling Gizbeat enlightened us yesterday when saying you should only switch the phone off, take out the battery, put it back in, and it should work as expected lol Smiling So again, you'll encounter a bug sooner or later, but for most of them, there is a fix.

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]the web address that you put up there has a misspelling problem and it won't work. here's the fixed one :
[snip]

[snip]It's a site policy, which I think it should be revised a little bit.

(2014-01-30, 19:23)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT : hmmm.... it seems quite risky . and I don't think inew v3 is tough enough to take this risk. as it said it may cause cpu damage... what do you think guys? should we do this?

Yes, there is a risk involved, but this one for the CPU is a complete nonsense. I am more concerned about the SD card corruption (only when something is written at the shutdown time), but you can always take out your external SD card, and if you're worried about the internal one, make a CWM backup beforehand. I tried it on my tablet, but it's on Android 4.4 which is not supported Smiling Anyway, I will certainly try it on my V3.

Phew, what a post! Let's open a Guinness record thread Smiling
I have installed this module but it didn't work
When the battery reaches the 1% it automatically shots down. I test it twice. The volts at that point is 3,4 so I think there is more juice to 3,2v (battery limit)

Also I think I found what is happening and the battery drains (some cases) fast from 100% to ~85%.

You can test it with an app that can show the volts of the battery.
If you plug your phone at the charger and it reach 100% a circuit at the phone stops the charge and the phone it starts to discharging but without decreasing the present%.
I test it three times. I plug the charge at the night and the morning it shows 100% but the voltage was 3,95mv and when I unplug it, it starts the "countdown". In 2-3 minutes it dropped to 94%.
So I replugged in and the voltage starts to increase but the present continue to droop!! WTF??

I left it for a while and then the percentage eventually starts to increase. The volts stopped to increase at 4,197 (as usually at my phone this is the maximum) but the % continue to increase until it reach toy 100%.
I think for sure there is something wrong at this part.

So I suggest everyone have this problem DON'T keep it pluged in when it reach 100% and test it.
Idk guys... But I'm starting to feel that i should sell this phone right away! I don't feel good about these problems.. And i think there wont be a soloution anytime soon...
Too bad , i really liked this phone
(2014-01-30, 21:17)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ].. i should sell this phone right away!......

Go ahead! You will make someone happy SmilingSmiling
The phone should last at least 3 hours on screen. You can't judge battery by a portion of the %, and you can't judge remaining time by what Android system or any other estimating app says, because the estimation is based on previous loss which is never smooth.

Install Battery Spy. Install GSam Batter Monitor from Play Store. Install CPU Spy. Charge your phone as nikstar said. You should see it jump somewhere around 80's to 100%. That's the reason you're losing so much battery off the top. Especially if it sits there for a while after it reaches 100% as mentioned by nikstar. When it gets to 100%, take it off the charger.

Use your phone a lot over the period of 8 hours or so on auto brightness. Just normal use such as web browsing, watch a youtube video or 3, chat with your honey on Line. Whatever. When the battery gets to 10%, check GSam and see how much onscreen time you got.

Also check CPU Spy to make sure the phone is going into deep sleep.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21