www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2014-04-09, 04:59)CrownSA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 04:57)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought two THL batteries and they haven't arrived yet.
If they don't charge inside the phone to 100% what's the point? will this happen with every phone? none of the people who made the modification to the THL battery mentioned this.

not sure if the charge perfectly inside the phone
but if u have 3 (2 THL and 1 Inew) battries, why not buy an external charger, itd be the perfect situation, u'l haev atlst 1 if not 2 batteries fully charged at all times.

I just bought two because I found a seller that sells two for 18$ when most sellers sell one for about 13$. I prefer to charge in the phone and not take the back off too much.

Inew is a really nice phone.... but if I need an external charger, 2 extra batteries and maybe a bluetooth GPS receiver to navigate easily, then the price of all of them put together would already buy me a nicer phone... like THL T100s. If the W8 charges correctly in the phone, I will try to forget the GPS issue, and live with the phone for a year, until I decide to buy a phone with the new MTK 6955 chip in a year or so...
Interesting: Does anyone who has the 900/2100 model notice that when showing "charged" and 100% the phone will sometimes have a low mV count (like 4150), but it was 4200 when it was at 88%?
But when I charge overnight it is 4200 in the morning. The led is off - it's not red anymore.
So it's an indicator: When really, really fully charged, the led will turn off even if the phone is connected to wall charger.
please stay on topic - this is not (another) GPS thread.
thanks

thread split - for the gps antenna homemade fix go here -> [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Yo peepz! I'm a newcomer here! Welcome me here Big Grin
Currently have v3 for almost half a year. It's pretty kickass, the only concern is weak battery. It takes 'bout 3-5hrs to discharge completely. Sometimes it charges really quick (10-15 mins) and also dicharges this fast. Tried Battery Doctor, but it didn't help any.
Anywayz, Does the latest 1.08 firmware improves the drastic battery drain? Got stock 1.01 currently.
Are THL W8 batteries work for V3?
Update! I confirm that the charging issue is a phone itself. The battery is actually never charges to 100, but only to 85-88. Don't mind what it writes. It comes obvious if you take out the battery after charged to 100 in OFF state, reinsert it and plug to AC without turning the phone on.
Yes, this has been confirmed since January. The phone hardware just does not have enough to push the battery to 100.
So is 1.08 fw worth updating to?
Hello man

I own an INEW V3 and i have the following problems:

before 2 weeks my device start to freezes and i had to take off the battery and put it back in order to turn it on again.

And unfortunately after several times it doesn't open at all.

I change firmware and it worked fine for a couple of hours, now i have the same problem!!!

The phone is fully charged!

I change firmware 3 times ( Versions: 1.0.4 - 1.0.8 - 1.1.1) and i have exactly the same problem.

Notice : if i cover the screen of the phone (after firmware change that works fine for some hours) the device imediatelly freezes and doesn't turn on!!!
Replacing the stock launcher was a good idea. Put smart launcher 2. Gsam monitor shows screen 19% and radio over 50%!!! Now that's a pain! How to fix it?
(2014-07-20, 22:46)rgnr Wrote: [ -> ]radio over 50%!!!

no fix for that, dual sim phones use more battery obviously.
if you are in an area with bad reception it will be even worse.
or you have one sim in which is roaming, like it was in mine, the radio pretty much makes up for 70% of battery usage.

possible fix:
don't buy Mediatek chipsets... lol
or go single sim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21