www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2014-01-31, 07:16)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]@all:
Did anyone tried DisableCriticalBatteryShutdown Xposed module?

Don't recommend anyone using it because the side effect is when you drain the battery to 0% it will shorten battery life
(2014-01-31, 08:28)GeekGirl Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't recommend anyone using it because the side effect is when you drain the battery to 0% it will shorten battery life
It depends!
These batteries can discharge up to 3,2volts but ours (at least mine) phone it automatically shots down at 3,4volts.
So in theory this is correct but also it doesn't mean that on those 0,2volts will be enough amps to keep the phone up an running.

My concern at the battery is a strange behavior that I found out.
Check the attachment to see that I plugged in the phone and at that moment it was at 99% and 4,0v (which is not correct to). The normal it should be both volts and precent to increase but in my case the voltage was increased and the precent was decrease!!
How is that possible??

To add to this its not recommend because you Android will also not have a chance to safely shut down the CPU and clear the RAM before failure. Its the same effect as pulling the battery out. In order words it may cause damage to hardware on the device.
(2014-01-31, 16:31)Android-uk Wrote: [ -> ]

To add to this its not recommend because you Android will also not have a chance to safely shut down the CPU and clear the RAM before failure. Its the same effect as pulling the battery out. In order words it may cause damage to hardware on the device.

It will not shorten battery life if you do it once only. And that's what I was recommending, since the original post also don't recommend to do it on a daily basis. It was just my theory that more of battery juice is left inside the battery, despite the battery indicator showing 0%. That is the case on my new chinese tablet, but I can't recalibrate the battery that way, since the Xposed module is not supported on my Android 4.4.

Regarding "safely shutting down the CPU" and "clear the RAM", what do you mean by that?! I agree, that the effect is the same as pulling the battery out, but that won't kill the CPU. How many times did you reset your PC on force, and how many times did your electricity go off, and nothing ever happend to your PC? It's the same thing here. The only thing that could happen is that part of the RAM, and part of the disk cache would not be written back to hard disk, or that data written to the hard disk at the moment of shut down became corrupted. And that's why I said to pull out external sd card and make a CWM backup. Regarding "clearing the RAM", that's a natural process of the memory, since it is volatile. So there's no chance the ram isn't cleared before, it does that everytime automaticaly, since it is engineered that way, and you can't do it any other way.
safe or unsafe it did not work so I uninstaled the module, I have read the xda thread and was aware of the procedure advantages and risks
(2014-01-31, 20:10)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-31, 16:31)Android-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-31, 08:28)GeekGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Don't recommend anyone using it because the side effect is when you drain the battery to 0% it will shorten battery life

It will not shorten battery life if you do it once only. And that's what I was recommending, since the original post also don't recommend to do it on a daily basis. It was just my theory that more of battery juice is left inside the battery, despite the battery indicator showing 0%. That is the case on my new chinese tablet, but I can't recalibrate the battery that way, since the Xposed module is not supported on my Android 4.4.

Regarding "safely shutting down the CPU" and "clear the RAM", what do you mean by that?! I agree, that the effect is the same as pulling the battery out, but that won't kill the CPU. How many times did you reset your PC on force, and how many times did your electricity go off, and nothing ever happend to your PC? It's the same thing here. The only thing that could happen is that part of the RAM, and part of the disk cache would not be written back to hard disk, or that data written to the hard disk at the moment of shut down became corrupted. And that's why I said to pull out external sd card and make a CWM backup. Regarding "clearing the RAM", that's a natural process of the memory, since it is volatile. So there's no chance the ram isn't cleared before, it does that everytime automaticaly, since it is engineered that way, and you can't do it any other way.

The module disclaimer speaks for itself:

Quote:Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage to CPUs, SD cards, Internal Storages, or other failures that happened after your battery became flat and your phone abruptly dies.
By choosing to use this module, you are fully aware that this can cause damage to your phone especially when writing data to the SD Card or Internal Storage.

Regardless of what we are lead to believe, a sudden uncontrol loss of power, which is what this module does will sooner or later damage the CPU, RAM or storages of a device. Which is why we shouldn't do it unless there no other options - BlackBerrys being different because they suck and you have to pull the battery all the time lol Big Grin

It would be worth using the module ONCE as you said, but just warning people not to keep it on all the time as it will overtime cause more harm then good.
of course the module's goal is calibration, not to be used permanently even if it did worked fine

i think the moduel is compatible with the phone because previously I had not seen the 0 level, but the phone turned off, so it seems the signal it sends to android is quite accurate, at least at the end of the charge
To get the calibration to work correctly, it needs to be confirmed 0%, once its done 0%, attempt to power the phone on, keep trying until it refuses to switch on at all. Then its ready for calibration. If the module compatible it should get it to this state on first shutdown.
Android-uk Wrote:The module disclaimer speaks for itself:

Quote:Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage to CPUs, SD cards, Internal Storages, or other failures that happened after your battery became flat and your phone abruptly dies.
By choosing to use this module, you are fully aware that this can cause damage to your phone especially when writing data to the SD Card or Internal Storage.

And if he said that the screen glass could break in half, you would believe him too? Smiling
He was just listing all the possible things that came to his mind, so that he can't be responsible for any of that (being SD card the first candidate, and IMHO, the only one). It's more probable that your phone will have self-combustion right now, then your CPU would be damaged. I'm with this subject for the last 25 years and work in IT for a long time, so believe me what I say, cause I know what he ment with that Smiling
Ofcourse there is a risk involved, but not in such extent that most people are imagining.
is it safe and enough efficient to charge original battery for V3 to true 100% with this external charger? (output: DC 4,3V). thanks
[Image: _vyrd12_718DSCN0035.jpg]
[Image: _vyrd13_718DSCN0037.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21