www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Can you explain how the external charger works? Is there any model you can recommend? I mean if we're gonna be stuck with a weak battery we might as well work around the problem.

And about the other part of my question...as a knowledgeable person can you foresee this issue being resolved in any way?
(2014-01-31, 02:34)chris_koz Wrote: [ -> ]my opinion is that this phone and any mtk chineze phone that costs as the low end phones outside from china continue to be cheap phones.Until now i have bought 7 mtk phones from different brands and noone was perfect.Bugs that were never solved from company.I learn to live with their bugs until i sold the phone and take the next one.
my opinion is that with any mtk phone from inew or any "inew" company serious support is only a dream...

This is an issue with all phones. And electronics in general. Just google 'Samsung not charging'.

With China brands, yes it will be a bit more frequent because of lack of QC.

Generally speaking, the iNew V3 is a quality piece of electronics. The quality of components and specs MOSTLY exceed other models in it's price range.
Ι agree with this.Some months ago in about same price i bought zte v967s and except it`s great wifi module and big battery it was a really cheap phone.Bad screen and extremelly bad camera.Perfect phone is noone.The good thing for consumer is that he can choose from many many models.
I think that if the charts I posted could be achieved on an everyday basis that would suffice to most users, but actually I am not sure if those results are consistent.

Today I have had quite a lighter use than yesterday and I am not sure yet If I will get 18 hours of use. The behaviour of my battery is strange the first 40% or even 60% go down quite fast, but latter it seems to slow down.

Yesterday I had my battery on 28% and got my car for a 40 kms trip, I put mytracks at work and used the phone as an mp3 while driving, then I turned back home with the music on and mytracks off. I thought I should get out of battery before arriving, but when I did the battery showed 21%, that was extremely efficient to my experience, specially mytracks use to eat battery quite a lot. So I presume the phone does not get a good feedback from the battery, and that is the reason we are so preocupied about it.

I have activated the calibration module on exposed framework to see what happens today when it reaches 1% charge.

I must say that I have everything activated all the time, 3G with only one sim, apps location and full wifi, only deactivated search for open wifis.

As for the 1800 capacity, I must say it is the same my wife's THL W200 (MTK6589T soc) has and gives her most of the times nearly 48 hours of light use, so I don't see a problem with the capacity of the battery, I am more suspicious about the mtk6582 soc with HD resolutions screen, with QHD it seems to get a lot of working time with a charge.
(2014-01-31, 02:37)Aletheus Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain how the external charger works? Is there any model you can recommend? I mean if we're gonna be stuck with a weak battery we might as well work around the problem.

And about the other part of my question...as a knowledgeable person can you foresee this issue being resolved in any way?

It's an interesting question, but if I had to gamble on it, I'd say 'no', the issue won't be resolved.

The external charger charges it to 4275. Which gives substantial increases in battery discharge.

I tested a battery charged to 100% with the phone, and a battery charged to 100% with external charger. All cores of the CPU at 100%, full brightness, WiFi on, radios on - lasted 2 hours with phone charged battery. 2 hours 20 minutes with externally charged battery.

I just use a cheap $3 charger bought at local countryside market. You can find them on eBay and Amazon 'external battery charger'. The benefits to not having your phone tied to a charger are awesome. iNew V3 battery issue or not. Of course you need another battery for this to work out.
I can't seem to make sense of the ebay results. Can you link me an affordable one? I want to use one with my galaxy i9000.
Well if it's genuine i9000, this might be a good bet

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hash=item4167cb4cd6

Otherwise, if you want a 'universal' charger that will handle batteries of all sizes

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xuniversal+battery+charger&_nkw=universal+battery+charger&_sacat=0

I use a cheap one. Similar to

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hash=item51b86424d0

Not sure about others, but mine takes 8-10 hours to charge. It's an overnight while you're sleeping / full day while you're working deal with the cheap clamp style ones.
This is because these results are not real accurate values but only estimated guesses taken once a while (not realtime), the phone and software is not being able to calculate the precise real value of any charge or discharge, it works by comparing period of time and measure drain values etc, its nearly impossible with current methods to calculate the battery precisely, it could be more life accurate by putting a chip in a battery or by putting more contacts wiring every seperate cell in it to be measured, but i think many manufacturers just dont care and take all that trouble because it is not important at all since they only care about a total capacity, the problem is that many people try to measure themselve without knowing enough background.
the ones who try to delete the battery.bin it is useless there is no battery calibration in this device, just just a trustful good battery app that does the calibration work and calculates and not just take guessed (non average and non calibrated) values returned by the phone/android itself.

li-ion batteries charged to 100% using a smart (protected) charger will Only charge the battery upto 4.2v this is a safe value as wrote before to avoid shorten the lifetime of these batteries, so in real when a battery is charged it is 4,35/4,2=1,0357=100/1,0357=96,55% full so with an external charger it can charge to 4.35v but its not really good because the battery will be fast decreasing its strength because of destroying it slowly and invisible

(2014-01-31, 02:47)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly it's that the sensor responsible for sensing mV is miscalibrated. Possibly the battery is meant to be registered as fully charged at 4.35mv. It's hard to say.

The external charger charges it to 4275. Which gives substantial increases in battery discharge.
I've been using cheap external chargers and battery swapping for 3 years. All of my batteries are fine. Nearly as juicy as when they were spankin' new.

Most any modern charger, even the cheap ones are going to stop < 4.3.
I was going to post in the older thread but it is closed with no explanations ... hope it is a mistake ...

Well my post was about this previous one:

@all:
Did anyone tried DisableCriticalBatteryShutdown Xposed module?
[snip]
Maybe it's all due to improper battery calibration?
[/quote]

I installed the module this afternoon and now that my battery has drained the module tried not to shut but battery came to 0 in the try and the phone went off ... so as someone else had previously reported, this is not a solution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21