www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
if DS shuts off all Wifi activity and any Mobile (beacon/tower) data sending then there should indeed not using much only from the phone itself yes did not tested that with DS but im curious about Tongue

(2014-01-23, 13:41)bay Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with GeekGirl here on all fronts.

But one easy was i've found is to use DS Battery Saver Pro. I've used this tool on most phones for some time. How is it different to other savers...in 'agressive' mode it forces deep sleep of wifi, data, sync, etc when the screen is off, waking up data connections at a scheduled period. Your comment on the drops without use - I don't get this at all using DS. % loss only happens when i' actually 'using' the phone.

Another thing I have noticed - even on the lowest brightness setting the screen is still very bright in comparison to others on the market. This can also affect battery use for other reasons. I apply a screen filter to dim the screen a little more when not using for any great purpose. This also helps.
(2014-01-23, 13:41)bay Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing I have noticed - even on the lowest brightness setting the screen is still very bright in comparison to others on the market. This can also affect battery use for other reasons. I apply a screen filter to dim the screen a little more when not using for any great purpose. This also helps.

Screen filters don't save any energy on lcd type screens, they only slightly help on oled screens. Only way to save energy on lcd screens is to have a kernel or something that allows to lower the system's brightness even more than what it does now.
@elsita: check out this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Hope it helps.
I'll also have to check it out more thoroughly, because my new KitKat tablet drains 2,5% per hour while in stand-by! Sad
@geekgirl if I disconnect all the services you propose, what do i want a smart mobile phone for?

the use i have with the phone is the same i was having with me previous zopo 810 or even with my old galaxy s these past weeks while i was waiting for the v3, and i had not this battery drain at all

i know how to take care of battery consumption, but that is not the case, i would love to see your battery use charts, the program i use gives you in one screen the total use and the screen use, it is perfect for sharing data, it gives also graphs of charging and discharging times

i would like to know if someone has a 24 hours duration of a battery charge with normal (not heavy) use
(2014-01-23, 18:10)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]@geekgirl if I disconnect all the services you propose, what do i want a smart mobile phone for?

That's only trial and error, not that you're going to leave it like that forever. If you test it with just small things switched off, you'll find the culprit very hard. So, cut access from everything to anything, just to see if apps are giving you headaches, or the problem is in the phone or battery itself. If you see battery autonomy is better, then you'll have to narrow it down and do more testing.
i have seen this problem with battery discharging is happening in other diferent models and brands of mobiles using mtk6582, so I guess that it is a soc design problem or probably the leak comes from mediatek software ...
Just use an app that shows the wackelocks and u'll find the culprits very easily.
I have noticed much better battery runtime with firmware 1.0.4 than with version 1.0.3.

After 16 hours of light use, the phone still had 49% charge left. You may also try this:

Set the phone to GSM Auto (PRL) in phone settings by dialing this code in the default phone application:

*#*#4636#*#*

GSM Auto Preferred Roaming list could also help to reduce the battery consumption in your case, it has to be supported by your provider.
I know i can make duration longer cutting services, but that is not the use I want from a smartphone, i want all the functions working as I have done with previous android phones, this phone is not capable of giving a normal use for a smartphone without draining the battery, it is a toy, not a serious phone

[attachment=689]
(2014-01-24, 19:34)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]I know i can make duration longer cutting services, but that is not the use I want from a smartphone, i want all the functions working as I have done with previous android phones, this phone is not capable of giving a normal use for a smartphone without draining the battery, it is a toy, not a serious phone

Depends on the apps you have been using. If you've been playing games, watching videos online, naturally this will cause greater battery drain. Don't want to teach anyone to 'suck eggs', but as we all know some apps are designed for heavy battery drain. I have to also ask - have you gone through & disabled any auto-starting apps from boot? This can cause an issue with any android. Its the first thing I do.

I would also highly recommend use of DS Battery Pro. This app is very good (particularly in aggressive mode) in shutting down signals & conserving the batt when left alone.

Just trying to be helpful here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21