www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2014-01-30, 21:58)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]The phone should last at least 3 hours on screen. You can't judge battery by a portion of the %, and you can't judge remaining time by what Android system or any other estimating app says, because the estimation is based on previous loss which is never smooth.

Install Battery Spy. Install GSam Batter Monitor from Play Store. Install CPU Spy. Charge your phone as nikstar said. You should see it jump somewhere around 80's to 100%. That's the reason you're losing so much battery off the top. Especially if it sits there for a while after it reaches 100% as mentioned by nikstar. When it gets to 100%, take it off the charger.

Use your phone a lot over the period of 8 hours or so on auto brightness. Just normal use such as web browsing, watch a youtube video or 3, chat with your honey on Line. Whatever. When the battery gets to 10%, check GSam and see how much onscreen time you got.

Also check CPU Spy to make sure the phone is going into deep sleep.

with sam battery monitor you don't need cpu spy, time running minus time awake and screen time gives you deep sleep, I have checked it with betterbatterystats several times
My point is that if you leave it plugged in over the night it (lets say for example) will be fully charged at about 02:00 am. At the morning when you unplugged at 08:00 am it will show to you 100% but it will be like you unplug it at 2:00.
Thats why it drains fast at the first 15% of battery.
All these are verified with the voltage of (mine) the battery at every step.
I know (I am electronic technician) the present itself doesn't say anything.
This is the reason I plug my phone in, power it off and let auto-on power it back on for me in the morning. If someone needs me they can ring my house phone.
(2014-01-30, 22:21)Android-uk Wrote: [ -> ]This is the reason I plug my phone in, power it off and let auto-on power it back on for me in the morning. If someone needs me they can ring my house phone.

Unfortunately this is happening also with the phone switched off.
I will check it on recovery mode maybe it behaves different there.
(2014-01-30, 22:08)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]My point is that if you leave it plugged in over the night it (lets say for example) will be fully charged at about 02:00 am. At the morning when you unplugged at 08:00 am it will show to you 100% but it will be like you unplug it at 2:00.
Thats why it drains fast at the first 15% of battery.
All these are verified with the voltage of (mine) the battery at every step.
I know (I am electronic technician) the present itself doesn't say anything.

This is what I meant as well, I agree with you 100%, which is why I said take it off right when it reaches 100%...but it's only part of the reason. The jump is the other part. The phone can't push any more juice into the battery and 'jumps' from 80's up to 100% when charge rate drops below a certain threshold. The rapid loss of juice from 100% down to 80% or so also due to the jump. Of course I can only talk for what happens with my unit. It may be different with others.
According my tests at my device I have this drop, only when I keep the charge plugged in for a long time after it finishes charging. Also I compare it with the volts too for better results.
If I unplug it at the point it reaches 100% can last for 3-4 hours with 5-6 calls untill it drops to 85%

You should check the volts when the charging is at 80% and also when it go to 100% to see how it will go.
I want to note that my battery never goes farther than the 4,197v which I think it is normal.
It could be that the sensor which detects voltage is not properly calibrated. How does your charging arc look?
I do not have this app. I will download it for testing. Tomorrow more results.

Also I try to charge it throw recovery mode.
(2014-01-30, 21:21)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-30, 21:17)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ].. i should sell this phone right away!......

Go ahead! You will make someone happy SmilingSmiling

haha funny man, I've also received a zopo zp998 with my inew v3 , it is for my brother, and I compare my inew v3 to that, aaaand let me stop you right here before you tell that i shouldn't compare a midrange phone to flagship,because I have reasons to compare:
1) zopo zp998 is a flagship device which has a FULL HD 5.5 inch display + 8 core 1.7Ghz cpu + 2 gigs of ram. which uses a lot more power in comparison to inew v3 at the same period of time, right? then this device has only a 2350 mah battery ( concidering the device specs , it should give us about the same on-screen time as inew v3 with a quad core 1.3Ghz, 5 inch hd display , 1gig ram and a 1830 mah battery).
as gizbeat said inew v3's best shot is around 3.5 hour on screem time.
now what do you say if i tell you that i charged the zopo zp998 last night , and i'm still using it right now (7 pm), the on screen time that i spent on zopo zp998 today until now is around 5 to 6 hours (with wifi turned on) and it still has 30% battery power left!

2)probably you are thinking that we shouldn't expect a mid-range phone such as inew v3 to be perfect , maybe you are right, but you should take these points into consideration:
average price of a md-range phone with a 1.3ghz quadcore processor is around 130$ , but most of paid around 175$ for iNew v3, which this extra value unconsciously raises our expectation on the other parts of the phone, one of them is camera (although iNew lied a lot in this part , but the camera is not that bad, BUT it could be better) the other one is build quality (which is fairly good) and battery , nfc , otg and other things. but as we see the phone has a lot of problems in the last department. battery is the worst part. otg a lot of people struggled to enable it , for nfc we should do a lot of gymnastic flips to make it work. weak wifi signals... no solution up to now.

3) about Rom and software updates... zopo is in a whole another level. iNew did a fair job here too, But after 3 updates that they've released , there still some unsolved previous problems , and some NEW PROBLEMS!

iNew really disappointed me. all i'm trying to say is that unlike what iNew is trying to prove to us through advertizement, they are not a high quality company!
buy spending around 50$ more i can buy a waaay better phone. such as 8 core zopo zp980!
the battery life on the inew is really bothering me, I'll give it a week , if the company didn't reply me back till then about this issue and if i couldn't keep up with charging it twice a day , i will sell it.
(2014-01-30, 23:29)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-30, 21:21)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-30, 21:17)danyno1 Wrote: [ -> ].. i should sell this phone right away!......

Go ahead! You will make someone happy SmilingSmiling

haha funny man, I've also received a zopo zp998 with my inew v3 , it is for my brother, and I compare my inew v3 to that, aaaand let me stop you right here before you tell that i shouldn't compare a midrange phone to flagship,because I have reasons to compare:
1) zopo zp998 is a flagship device which has a FULL HD 5.5 inch display + 8 core 1.7Ghz cpu + 2 gigs of ram. which uses a lot more power in comparison to inew v3 at the same period of time, right? then this device has only a 2350 mah battery ( concidering the device specs , it should give us about the same on-screen time as inew v3 with a quad core 1.3Ghz, 5 inch hd display , 1gig ram and a 1830 mah battery).
as gizbeat said inew v3's best shot is around 3.5 hour on screem time.
now what do you say if i tell you that i charged the zopo zp998 last night , and i'm still using it right now (7 pm), the on screen time that i spent on zopo zp998 today until now is around 5 to 6 hours (with wifi turned on) and it still has 30% battery power left!

2)probably you are thinking that we shouldn't expect a mid-range phone such as inew v3 to be perfect , maybe you are right, but you should take these points into consideration:
average price of a md-range phone with a 1.3ghz quadcore processor is around 130$ , but most of paid around 175$ for iNew v3, which this extra value unconsciously raises our expectation on the other parts of the phone, one of them is camera (although iNew lied a lot in this part , but the camera is not that bad, BUT it could be better) the other one is build quality (which is fairly good) and battery , nfc , otg and other things. but as we see the phone has a lot of problems in the last department. battery is the worst part. otg a lot of people struggled to enable it , for nfc we should do a lot of gymnastic flips to make it work. weak wifi signals... no solution up to now.

3) about Rom and software updates... zopo is in a whole another level. iNew did a fair job here too, But after 3 updates that they've released , there still some unsolved previous problems , and some NEW PROBLEMS!

iNew really disappointed me. all i'm trying to say is that unlike what iNew is trying to prove to us through advertizement, they are not a high quality company!
There are no $130 phones with OTG, 720p, NFC, 16GB storage - Not even close. The value of the iNew V3 is unmatched. The ZP998 is a $280 phone, 60% more than the iNew v3.

There are no gymnastic flips needed to be done for NFC, just make sure the contacts are touching.

Suggestions have been made regarding testing battery life, but you haven't followed up. It's probably best you just sell. If you want you can offer it up for sale here on the forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21