www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2014-01-19, 23:06)arobgan Wrote: [ -> ]So it is posible that the batch S/N TLT1401010007 is bad

Unfortunately, they both have the exact same issue. The one I'd tested previously was TLT1312010007. Same as Jpower.

That points to a problem within the hardware of the phone. This isn't a charger issue, I've already tested with several chargers. It's not a battery issue, as jpower has the same batch and has no problem.

Looks like several batches of iNew V3 have the same issue, as it's quite wide spread.

My image is exactly the same as yours arobgan.
What about deleting batterystats as said in this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]? I understood that everything's ok until the phone is rebooted, right? If so, can we make some script to trigger upon bootup, which would delete the batterystats file? I don't care about Battery Use info in settings menu, if that would fix the problem permanently.
Battery stats has nothing to do with the way the phone charges. This is a misconception.

All this post says is that it reached 100%. Yes, the phone will eventually reach 100% if left long enough, but it's not because it's fully charged, it's because the phone 'gives up' after charging rate drops below a certain % per hour.
The reason is just because of the weak internal phone charging circuitry,
it makes it charging unstable, thats why it will load mostly to 88-89% and sometimes upto 100%
just depends on the load (usage) of the phone and the chemical state of the battery
so it will give random charging results,
the solution is to turn off the phone while charging so the internal circuit is
having less load (mah)
if you dont want to turn the phone off you could also try to decrease the current load by switching off most of the functions
Mine charges 100%
Sorry for the silence. Been busy today so haven't caught up on the thread.

Ok, Gizbeat - I'll do 2 things, but won't be able to post results until tomorrow.

Firstly I'll use battery spy on my wall charger - which is an gear4 usb plug with the original V3 cable.

Secondly, I'll check the same charging with the sony cable after use / travel in the car. I'll post back if I find anything.

(2014-01-19, 18:56)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bay,

Thanks for this. So it could be the phone is very sensitive to quality of charger and cable. That's interesting.

Yes, it will eventually get to 100% regardless. What happens is the phone basically gives up trying to push any more voltage.

If you could check a couple of things - How long does it take to charge from 80%-100%, what is the final voltage when it's charged to 100%?

If you don't want to sit next to your phone and watch it from 80%-100%, just use Battery Spy.
(2014-01-20, 01:29)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]Mine charges 100%

They all will eventually show 100%, but with the problem units, it's because the charge rate drops below a certain % per hour and the phone stops attempting to charge.

What mV is your phone reporting when fully charged?
How do I check
So if our v3 cannot pass 4200mv and we want a real full charge the only solution is to have a spare battery and charge it in external battery charger.
(2014-01-20, 01:34)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]How do I check
Install and run Battery Spy from Play
(2014-01-20, 01:36)chris_koz Wrote: [ -> ]So if our v3 cannot pass 4200mv and we want a real full charge the only solution is to have a spare battery and charge it in external battery charger.
I use an external charger regardless, but it's a slow trickle charge (8-10 hours from dead battery). I rarely plug the phone in. Just swap 'em when they're close to dead. Once you do this for a few days, you'll likely not want to go back to having your phone tied to a charger.

GeekGirl also suggests turning the phone off while charging. I'm skeptical it'll charge any more fully, but it's worth a shot. If anyone who's having this current issue gives this a try, let us all know your mV results after rebooting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21