www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3 battery problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
So maybe I missed some of the messages in the forum and if I repeat I apologize. If not, I'll contribute to the discussion... ;-)
I noticed when charging via USB that the phone hits 4200 mV at 88% and then when it reaches 100% it actually DROPS to 4130 or so!!
Also I noticed via wall charger that when it's at 100% it keeps at 4200.
Indeed like others, the phone charges slowly to 88% and then jumps to 100% in fast increments (or directly from 88 to 100...).

I was using cpu-z to monitor the voltages. The phone is brand new, running firmware iNew V3 1.0.1 (not cxq 1.0.1).

Indeed in use the initial drop in % is fast but then settles.
The battery life is just so-so. For my needs it's ok but I do carry a USB cable in my pocket and plug it into a computer when needed.

And something else weird: I know this "trick" from my tHl phone.
Charge your battery to full/100%/4200mV.
Switch phone off. Take battery out. Put battery back in. Switch phone on: 78% !!!!!!
WTF??
Charging this phone is highly annoying. One charge it will fully charge from 10% to 100% in twenty minutes. The next time will take four hours.

Oh and right now I'm charging. It's actually going down in battery percent, even when it was idle it went from 91 to 90%
(2014-01-31, 21:33)Android-uk Wrote: [ -> ]To get the calibration to work correctly, it needs to be confirmed 0%, once its done 0%, attempt to power the phone on, keep trying until it refuses to switch on at all. Then its ready for calibration. If the module compatible it should get it to this state on first shutdown.

My phone should arrive in few days. Should I use my phone till 0% and then charge it for the first time or not?
No more battery problems for me, thanks to my 11,100 mAh powerhouse Big Grin

[Image: 11100mah.jpg]

Plus car charger, external charger, and ofcourse the wall charger...

Now we wait for this:

And of course the new iNew battery, preferably 2500 mAh or more...
Wellcome to "me against the v3 battery".

First of all ,i didnt know if i should have open a new thread ,or continue this one,if the admin consider to put this on a new one , it will be good ,so i think that it may be usefull to rom developers ,and offer tips to discover why our beloved battery drains soooooo fast.

Secondly ,i received my v3 one week ago , it came with 1.0.1 wdcma 900 feb2014 baseband ,and v4 in the back label .I havent put any other rom ,just rooted the phone and install recovery with nobile uncle tools.

I have the same problems of battery than the mayority of users , so i started to try several thing to improve the life of the battery.

1.- use a program (cpu master) to slow down the cpu to 750mhz (for test purposes) and save some juice .(i think it does but dont knoew in what amount,may be in my next test).Use greenify to hibernate some apps ,DS battery saver (agressive mode) ,PHONE SCREEN ALWAYS ON (with "always on" app) and RADIO AND GSM (edge) always on with GSM only selected in the radio options (can use a program called "network" to select prefered network to conect to)

2.- I have read that the main battery "drainer" is the screen ,so this test is about that , i´ll prove that some programs that claims to save battery decreasing the bright below the minimun that the android OS sets ,ARE FAKE!! They use the same mv as the minimun bright setting in OS.
For example "RootDIM" and "screen filter".

Well ,after a few tries (charging,removing battery,waiting 2 minutes,and pluging it again with wall charger ) , i left the phone with 100% and 4197mv to start the test.

So i began with it.

SCREEN ALWAyS ON and RADIO and 2g ALWAYS ON.

This is the result.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

7hours and 7 minutes and 10% to go.

I began with the program that supposes to decrease the bright under the minimun specs and DIM the screen to a very dark (but visible) state,it was supossed to save battery.

When the battery drops to 60% ,i closed the app and bright came to auto ,increasing a lot the brightness of the screen.

As you can see in the pic :

There is no difference .

The mv consumed are ALMOST THE SAME when app was on and off ,so the screen is always consumming the minimun mv when in auto mode (minimun) and not less as i have thougt.

Then ,at 60 % i change the OS brightness to "medium" ,and this is the result:

As you can see , there is a quicker battery percent decrease (slight but perceptible) ,but not in the the mv count ,that is almost in the the same range as before..... the reason ???? No idea....

Total OS battery graph:

Screen time :

Screen percentage:

And radio and GSM percentage:

I think its proved.....

I noticed a thing during the test . As i had the GSM on all time , i used the phone to read several mails (no more than 3 for a period of 2 minutes) and whatsap while i was watching a champions league soccer match on tv.

Notice in this pic the app percentage ......

As you can see ,13% !!!!
Lets see what apps did the drain.....

WHAT ?? the browser?? i used it for two minutes and 9% of the total battery ???

Lets see :

WOW !! just 2 minutes of real use , and almost 1h 38 min running in background!!!
WTF? The browser is the default android one.

Time to test other browser ....

Well , for those of you that want more data ,here goes all the stats of the test in numbers ,FROm 100% to 21% ,there are several extrange things like "ghost mv increases" like the one in 1:32 (+33mv without a charger).......

So here goes the data :

So , sorry for the extension of the post , and i hope it may help other people to investigate and find where are the bugs that makes this battery a hell for us ,or may be is not the battery ........ TO BE CONTINUED
It's obvious that apps like "screen filter" don't do anything for this phone because of the lcd technology (and do little for oled), only way to lower screen brightness discharge for lcd is use gravity tools for example and lower the phone's minimum brightness limit.

For me, leaving the phone on with screen off while sleeping, say 8h, with gsm and wifi on, it only discharges around 2-3% which is pretty good (this after eliminating all unnecessary wakelocks), but, after using heavy apps like browsing or games mainly, this battery simply can't cope with the usage and it barely lasts 2h of non stop usage.

Ofc, for normal, non heavy use, the best thing is to find out which apps are draining more (with gsam, betterbatterystats or whatever), specially the wakelocks, and get rid of them with greenify, disabling autostarts (like the media scanner, battery hog sometimes), uninstalling problematic apps, etc., it can save over 20-30% battery in some cases, but regardless, if using heavy apps, like lets say "asphalt 8", none of those measures work, battery will reach 0 fast, it's just not powerful enough (now i'm also using a 8000mAh powerbank, all problems solved).
I use 2 batteries for swapping and external charger but discharging from 10% to 0% is almost instant. do you have same experience?
The percentage meter can't really be trusted from my experience, if using an heavy app for some time it goes down to say 20%, but after u stop using it and the battery stops being abused, the percentage actually goes up, so it's not really reliable.

Ye, from 10 to 0, if using the phone, it goes really quick, specially after it reaches 4% lol have to run for the charger in like less than a minute or it dies :p but if left with screen off at 10% or less, for me, it lasts many hours still.

Btw, be careful taking out that back cover, in my 1st phone, one of the middle hooks near the camera, the bigger one, broke.
i give you two tips if you want to try, first is notifications led, it has been reported in some other phones with this soc to drain battery, there is an app in the market that turns led off LED NOTIFIER OFF, but I think it does not turn it off actually but prevent the wakelocks responsible for battery drain

another application that has proven to be a battery eater in several android devices is google now, so turning it off may prove helpful also

there are some other apps that somehow trigger some sensor and with just one use may drain your battery keeping it awake, I experienced this with power amp, maybe the headphones detection is responsible, although other applications that do the same do not show this problem

and about brightness and battery use, in gsam battery if you tap the battery graph and put the phone in landscape mode you can see how much battery drains every intensity level, you don't see it in portrait mode because of bad gui design, but it shows well in landscape, you can see how max brightness takes up to ten times more battery than minimum

in some other phones the light sensor itself consumes also a lot of battery, I don't know if this may apply to this phone, but turning auto brightness off may be worth a try

as for wifi, network location and gps, its influence if always on in normal functioning is minimal

hope this helps

another tip that may be responsible for the terrible feedback about the battery, it seems that the phone deletes the file batterystats.bin in every restart or shut down of the phone ... so the phone cannot learn from the actual behaviour of the device
apps that are known to eat your battery alive:

WhatsApp (has been improved with the last update)
Viber
etc. you get the gist - basically all chat/ip phone apps that stay on in the background.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21