www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Wow, now this is really strange.
First - good thing I've ordered another Titans 2 back then because one won't believe what comes next..
I've flashed the first 4.4 version you provided on my second phone and guess what? No blurry screen! I tried it on the first phone to double check and bam - totally blurry screen. Now, I've got those two phone from two different vendors, the one not working with a new backplate (not this ugly crocodile type one), the second one via Amazon marketplace (with the old crocodile backplate).
Don't get me wront, I'm very happy that this is working with the second phone, but now I'm very curious about what can be different between those two phones!

Because whatever final resolution we may find and use for flashing custom firmware I think we have to test it on both phones to make sure it is working everywhere. My guess is they produced a new batch of Titans 2 which does have this weird problem (others seem to have it as well according to the forums) which may be why Doogee gave out this new R21 Lollipop build which solves the flickering problem on those phones.
Anyway - I think I'm the perfect candidate for any testing from now on just because I have both "versions" of this phone. So bring it on Big Grin

But to stay on topic, I've flashed the R14 build and after that just the custom recovery.img.
- Startet the phone and copied the CM12 file on both internal and external storage (just to be sure).
- For the next step I didn't use the Mobileuncle tool, instead I kind of followed the instructions on xda - mainly because I wanted to test the "rough" version first with installing the zip directly in PhilZ before using an extra app (never used Mobileuncle before, maybe thats why).
So I did
- wipe the phone with "clean to install a new rom"
- installed the CM12 zip
- rebootet into CM12 and was very happy Big Grin

But according to the xda page this is still in Alpha and as I can confirm for example the camera supports no video recording yet.

Now if we can find a way to make this happen with the Lollipop instead of the Kitkat build as a prerequisite this would be way awesome because it would work for every "version" of this phone Smiling
And the icing of the cake would be making the internal storage bigger because the default allocation from Doogee is just.. mediocre.

Now I'm off for the weekend and I'll be back in touch on monday. Thanks a lot so far! Smiling
Hi blablork !

You're marvellous in your posts ... so detailed :-)
Do you have still tried to make a backup of your first device with Cyano ?
Do you have still tried to restore the Cyano-backup in your second device ?
Please inform me when you'll come back here ... so we'll test many custom ROMs.

Have a nice week-end

P.S. : where do you come from ?

:-)
Hey Cleopatra

Thanks for the nice words, I'm doing my best Smiling
To make things easier I think I'll name the working (old batch) phone crocodile phone and the not so good working (new batch) newer one smooth phone because of the backplates. Should make it easier to distinguish between these two Big Grin

So, I've made a Cyano backup and put it onto the SD card of my second device, the smooth phone.
But sadly it did not work perfectly. I can load and restore in in PhilZ, but the problem with the lines all over the screen persists - but its different and much less annoying now. No more randomized lines flowing everywhere, but some persistent transparent ones on the right side. They seem to be a layer above the "normal" things though as they won't change position or size when I go into a menu oder open the browser and swipe around. Strange, but definately better than before. If only I knew where exactly these two phones differ with the display drivers.. maybe I should ask Doogee, but I doubt they'll answer.

Anyway this is definately weird with the newer phone. I've also noticed that the display on the crocodile one seems to be a little bit brighter than on the new one.

So, to conclude, it is working, but with some minor display issues on the smooth phone thanks likely to persistent display driver problems.

By the way, just yesterday a new user posted the link to an update R24 build from what seems to be a ota update server from Doogee?
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I'll reflash the smooth phone with the working R21 build and then update the R24 later today to see what has changed, maybe they've changed something with the boot.img so that MTK Droid may work better.. I don't know. But one can hope and try Big Grin

I'm from germany by the way.

EDIT: After a reboot the smooth phone with the flashed Cyano backup would hang in a boot lock. So there are some other differences/problems as well it seems.
Hi blablork !

Do you have already read the session on Chinaphonearena dedicated to the Doogee ?

On the thread entitled "Doogee DG700 screen shaking" ... the screen issues seems to be an issue of many people. I have found the Lollipop 5.0 R21 on 02/07/2015 (version fixes a problem with flickering display) ... you should try it :

If it will doesn't works ... I will give you other custom ROMs.

Regards :-)
Yeah, as I've wrote above I've got the R21 build from user estranged from xda weeks ago and that solved my flickering problem Smiling

However, when you flash this build, all of the custom recovery is gone. And since this is Lollipop installing PhilZ again or working with MTK Droid Tools proved to be a bit difficult so far Undecided

I took the opportunity to wrote in the thread you mentioned about the problem I had with the shaking and flickering and provided your post and the one from xda as well. Hopefully this will help user Xniak, but the task for custom recovery on stock Lollipop still remains Smiling
Hi blablork !

On Lolly TWRP is better than Philz. However, just for curiosity try the next custom ROMs :

MIUI v6 5.5.29:

VIBE UI v2.0 :

ColorOS v2 :

Kindest regards :-)
MIUI is working, Android Version 4.4.2
Whoa.. definately not my kind of OS style, I can tell you! Big Grin

VIBE UI is working, Android Version 4.4.2 as well
This is from Lenovo? Anyway, its ugly and slow in my opinion ;)

ColorOS is not working, just black screen on booting after the logo for many minutes

Do you have a working TWRP which I can install on a Lollipop device? All I could find seemed to require Kitkat to install and wouldn't work Sad
Hi blablork !

I've found the next versions of TWRP ... they're for DG550 ... but there's no harm in trying :

Hey Cleopatra!

They don't work after installing with Mobile Uncle under stock R21 Lollipop build, just black screen Sad
After all, they are for Kitkat like they say in their description so thats what I expected. We have to search more Smiling
Hi blablork !

You should consider the idea to install KK on your device ... so you will be able to install a working TWRP.
Anyway, I've sent you a private message.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25