www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Koobee Halo 7 mod stock for Pepsi P1S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Hello! New user here, just got my 2 pieces of Pepsi P1S in the mail yesterday. I have been following the thread here and I am thankful for all the work you did (especially Cleopatra). It's such a shame this otherwise nice piece of hardware (and oh so cheap) was rendered almost useless by the bloatware/malware of an OS it came with.
Today I have completed the flashing of the Halo 7 2.16 ROM successfully. The only challenge was to find a machine to run the software, I normally work on a MacBook, switched to a Surface with Windows 10 but it didn't like the MTK drivers so I finally did it using an old Windows 7 laptop.
It all went well, even if some steps were a bit unclear for a guy new to flashing Android phones. I have decided to test this for a few more weeks since I am wary of using it as my main phone yet. So I've created a new Google account just for that and didn't put in a SIM yet. May be using a new SIM I got for free to test.
Malwarebytes finds 2 pieces of PUP Riskware which I can live with but also a Trojan.HiddenAds.FD for an app called "Teleyphone" located under "/system/app/UpdateStat/UpdateStat.apk". I'm assuming that one should be safe to remove?
The 2 pieces of Riskware are the UNI Launcher and Beauty center apps. Are there alternatives for them?
As for the multilanguage option, was it unfeasible because the Koobee Halo 7 ROM came only with English and Chinese? I have been reading the thread and others and I understand that Cleopatra has tried to port several other ROMS and the issue is always with the SIM card. Just trying to understand what would take to get this as multilanguage. I'm OK with English but the other one is for my girlfriend and she is used to Spanish.
I have inserted a 64 GB SD card I bought together with the phone and it war recognized and formatted correctly. If I understand correctly from the latest post, the SD card is not recognized when booting into twrp recovery mode.
Let me know if I can help by testing new builds etc. and how can I donate to Cleopatra for the great work done (link?)
Thank you!
Hello! New user here, just got my 2 pieces of Pepsi P1S in the mail yesterday. I have been following the thread here and I am thankful for all the work you did (especially Cleopatra). It's such a shame this otherwise nice piece of hardware (and oh so cheap) was rendered almost useless by the bloatware/malware of an OS it came with.
Today I have completed the flashing of the Halo 7 2.16 ROM successfully. The only challenge was to find a machine to run the software, I normally work on a MacBook, switched to a Surface with Windows 10 but it didn't like the MTK drivers so I finally did it using an old Windows 7 laptop.
It all went well, even if some steps were a bit unclear for a guy new to flashing Android phones. I have decided to test this for a few more weeks since I am wary of using it as my main phone yet. So I've created a new Google account just for that and didn't put in a SIM yet. May be using a new SIM I got for free to test.
Malwarebytes finds 2 pieces of PUP Riskware which I can live with but also a Trojan.HiddenAds.FD for an app called "Teleyphone" located under "/system/app/UpdateStat/UpdateStat.apk". I'm assuming that one should be safe to remove?
The 2 pieces of Riskware are the UNI Launcher and Beauty center apps. Are there alternatives for them?
As for the multilanguage option, was it unfeasible because the Koobee Halo 7 ROM came only with English and Chinese? I have been reading the thread and others and I understand that Cleopatra has tried to port several other ROMS and the issue is always with the SIM card. Just trying to understand what would take to get this as multilanguage. I'm OK with English but the other one is for my girlfriend and she is used to Spanish.
I have inserted a 64 GB SD card I bought together with the phone and it war recognized and formatted correctly. If I understand correctly from the latest post, the SD card is not recognized when booting into twrp recovery mode.
Let me know if I can help by testing new builds etc. and how can I donate to Cleopatra for the great work done (link?)
Thank you!
Download link isn't working.......please update it
(2016-09-02, 22:05)Tamjid Wrote: [ -> ]Download link isn't working.......please update it

You need to be more specific. Which link isn't working? There are many.
i tried the modded rom of Huber... is working fine, need to get other launcher i think, and remove apps for your own taste... it is multilingual and stable... thanks for that..

the cleopatra rom i tried yesterday and today... working fine too:
- the utils 2.16 you do not need and cannot be removed with app uninstaller, which makes them annoying
- working fine too... base is the same i guess, but you lose the multilingual rom so can be only in english...
- you can add nova launcher and make it your own taste... some nice themes if you want... uni launcher does not give a virus warning

my conclusion: if you want or need the latest kernel use Cleopatra mod... if you want multi languages the huber rom without bloatware is fine
@smithie :

I have also an old Mac ... but I work on it very rarely :

[Image: 2vl5pc1.jpg] [Image: 29c087p.jpg]

As soon as possible I will teach you how to install adb/fastboot on it.
At this moment I have so many tasks to do on Android.
If you want to make a little donation, I suggest you to use the buttons at the next link :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

@ ALL :

Guys ... at this moment I am very busy ... I am not able to reply to all of us.
As soon as possible I will reply to each of you.
And I will explain you something of very important about Dido OS.
For now I can only tell you to do not remove too many malwares.

Please be patient.

Thank you in advance Smiling
(2016-09-02, 17:28)Helipilot Wrote: [ -> ]Hi gents,

I have been following this thread for a while now, I received my Pepsi P1S last week and I had two days of glorious use until it went into boot loop. It goes into "Optimizing Apps" and once it finishes, it re-starts and goes on again and again never ending...

I can't root the phone because I have no access to anything. I managed to access some sort of maintenance boot screen but everything is in Chinese and I don't know what it means (I am from Australia).

I want to do a factory reset but there is not option that I can see or understand.

Can anyone help me?
Hola Helipilot, a mí me pasó lo mismo y estuve un día en que se reiniciaba constantemente actualizaba aplicaciones y se quedaba colgado. La solución que encontré fue, estando frio el teléfono, reiniciar y rápidamente ir a ajustes , privacidad, restablecer datos de fábrica. En una de las veces conseguí llegar hasta datos de fábrica y ya se reinició normalmente. Ahora sigo con los problemas del Whatsapp, que notifica cuando quiere. Suerte.

[Admin: Always include English translation please]

Hello Helipilot , it happened to me the same and was a day when it is restarted constantly updated applications and was hanged. The solution I found was , the telephone is cold , restart and quickly go to settings , privacy, factory reset . In one of the times I managed to reach factory data and already resumed normally . Now I still have problems Whatsapp , which notifies you when you want . Luck.
(2016-09-01, 18:43)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-01, 16:41)njezni Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I new on this forum and I am from Croatia.
Can someone explain, can I use two sim card and sd at same time.
Thx.

@njezni :

You can not use 2 sim cards and microSD at the same time.
The slot for nano sim is also for microSD.

BUT THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION to use 2 sim cards and microSD at the same time :

You can buy a Multi-in-1 Micro SD Card Reader Adapter with OTG
Please look at the next pics/screenshots :

[Image: 2z4em29.jpg] [Image: jaf3bp.jpg]
[Image: 2uf68fa.jpg] [Image: iwrqe1.jpg] [Image: 2bxmqv.jpg] [Image: 20semoo.jpg]

Wink

Hello,

Thank you for all information. I saw that some people glue sim chip to SD card and use it that way.
Hi @all,

I would like to know if someone of you could tell me what kind of processes are listed in the battery consumption under "Phone Idle" . I would suggest tasks like fingerprintscanner.... I'm just asking because in my case the Phone IDLE seems pretty high and I would like to lower it a bit without producing any kind of errors.

It would be great in anyone of you coul help me out.

Thank you! Smiling
(2016-09-03, 00:09)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-02, 22:05)Tamjid Wrote: [ -> ]Download link isn't working.......please update it

You need to be more specific. Which link isn't working? There are many.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42